iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Reg here went down, $4.899 but that still hurts  :(.
Ed K

terrifictimbersllc

Erroll, NH yesterday morning was 4.79 87 oct and 5.79 diesel at Irving. Non-e super 5.79. Back home in CT was 5.75 diesel ar Shell where i fill up, 6.09-6.19 most other places.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Al_Smith

I noticed yesterday gasoline  varied from $4.86 to $4.69 on a drive to and from Toledo .

Tom King

I saw a guy I know who owns a thriving gas and oil business this morning at the store.  I knew his Dad when he started that business in the early 1960's when I was a teenager, and his Dad only had an old pickup truck and a bank loan.  He installed gas pumps on the lake himself out of the back of that pickup.
I had a job pumping gas on the lake then, so that's when I met him.

Now his Son, the guy I met this morning owns several truck stops on I95, and other places around with big stores, Subways and such.  I've known him since he was a baby, and he is probably in his 50's now.

I say that just to say that I believe what he tells me.  I asked him how the gas business was, and he said they're setting records for gasoline every week.  I asked him if he meant dollars, and he said, "No. Gallons."  He did say that Diesel wasn't quite where it was before the pandemic, but not far behind.

muggs

I just filled up my Camry, It had just under a quarter tank. I gave the station a $100.00 dollar bill. I got back $6.00 in change. Gas was 6.19 a gal. cheapest in town. I now need a drink. :-X

Walnut Beast

Some guys in Kansas are spending over 5,000 a day on Diesel harvesting now 

Jim_Rogers

Gas at my local station when down another 3 cents yesterday. Now down to $4.489

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bradm

Quote from: Tom King on June 26, 2022, 11:33:30 AM
I say that just to say that I believe what he tells me.  I asked him how the gas business was, and he said they're setting records for gasoline every week.  I asked him if he meant dollars, and he said, "No. Gallons."
I'm not surprised at this.  Fuel prices shot up and so did the amount of traffic I've seen on the roads.  2 years ago, when fuel was at a third of what it is today, there was noticeably less traffic than what had been normal (yes we had Covid but we weren't locked down at the time).

newoodguy78

Quote from: Walnut Beast on June 26, 2022, 02:18:01 PM
Some guys in Kansas are spending over 5,000 a day on Diesel harvesting now
Just wait until that reflects on the price of what they're harvesting.

kantuckid

Here's some gas info from my yesterdays trip: I went from E KY, 171 miles-one way- to ~ 20k south of Indy, IN. 
Nearby, gasoline is a range from ~ 4.49 to 4.39 with several Shell stations (mostly all owned by a "certain group" ::) of folks and I'll stay culturally civil here, your welcome ;D) higher than the rest. 
Shell gas here qualifies under Kroger grocery fuel points program in the nearest town which has no Kroger gas station so they ALL up the price to match the rest of the market-well sort of, not really as tend to stay higher! I saw several Shells yesterday near me that were $4.79 or higher yet. Go figure huh?

As I near the outskirts of Louisville, KY I see similar prices (outside the city where reformulated gas ups the price there).
 As I cross into IN the prices are a range from $4.93 to ~ $5.05. 

Using a state tax chart for fuels, IN is 8 cents higher than KY but retail it ranges around 60 cents higher. 
In my mind thats what I'm calling a price gouge.       :o
 The trip left me feeling sorry for folks in IN or using the I-65 corridor from N to S.  
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Ljohnsaw

Arco or Am/Pm and other no name stations are as "cheap" as $5.89 while Shell and Chevron are in the $6.79 and up price range.  Go up in the mountains and it a tad over $7 for regular.  With the state surplus tax money, some assemblymen are pushing for dropping the state tax on fuel saving 25 cents a gallon while the governor is pushing a $400/registration rebate.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Tom King

I remembered talking about filling up on a woodworking forums when gas prices started rising in March.  I did a search, and found my post.  Judging by that, I filled my diesel truck up in the end of Feb. while the olympics were on, and the tractors.  While I had the 100 gallon diesel tank on the truck, I went and filled it back up.  I think the price for onroad was 3.79 then, and I don't remember what offroad was, but I have enough to last the rest of this year for the tractors.

I've driven the pickup 435 miles since then, and can drive it another 465 miles before I have to fill it up again.  That's without trying to drive less, but I'm tied up at home caring for my 106 year old Mother.  Guess it paid off some sort of way.

WDH

Regular 87 octane gas just dropped a few cents below $4.00/ gallon in Georgia.  That is good because it is too hot to do anything but drive anyway. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

kantuckid

Here yesterday was in the 70's/80's, while gasoline keeps going down a bit but not enough to keep it from dominating poor folks commutes or working man trades. 
Off road is now $5.35 at my source. Lots of older diesel pickups seen there lately filling tanks in the bed... :D  The pump is out back of the station in front of the hardware store where unseen from public in large part. 

I still notice that in spite of price variations, lots of people fuel wherever they seem to land, price be damned. 
There are many gasoline notions/theories held among drivers toward octane, Top Tier vs, whatever brand and I suspect they keep on buying what's a fungible product no matter the truth as some know it. 

Gasoline lesson for the day: read up on "fungible gasoline", that  should stir the brands addicts up? ;D

Al_Smith

Gasoline is basically the same no matter which brand it is .Prices locally from $4.53 to $4.68  .It's came down a little at least.

Ljohnsaw

I just filled up with some cheap gas 8)  Only $5.799!  2/3 of a tank on my Tundra for less than $100 ($96.96 stuffed in).
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

hedgerow

So when are these stations going to raise the limit of $150.00 on your credit card per sale? Just this AM I needed 200 gallons of diesel in the truck and had to run the credit card many times to get filled up. Diesel at Sam's club $5.25 this AM. Most other station around $5.39-$5.49.

kantuckid

Quote from: Al_Smith on June 28, 2022, 08:45:37 AM
Gasoline is basically the same no matter which brand it is .Prices locally from $4.53 to $4.68  .It's came down a little at least.
Thats why the "fungible" term is used. But lots of people think otherwise and pay thru the nose for what they think is "the best stuff". 
87 is now at $4.29 locally here. Off road is still $5.35 but a local logger farmer tells me a bulk oil dealer sells to anyone, any amount, and off roads cheaper yet than my price in front of a local hardware building supply. But I would have to drive further for my small buys.   

maple flats

Central New York, gas $4.95, Diesel $6.17. For Diesel I'm still using $3.40 for my truck, I dread to think what my bulk tank will cost to fill when I need more. I last had it filled in Aug 2021. Glad I don't use like I used to. In my tractor I use farm exempt diesel, I think I pd $2.65 for my last fueling on that, in Oct 2020. Things sure have changed since then.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

moodnacreek

Saw a guy raking hay with an ATV.

SwampDonkey

Fuel price for reg. gas dropped 7 cents a litre here. CDN$1.99/litre. Ottawa looking to add on a 'climate change' tax now, meeting on it today. Doing all they can do to kill petrol vehicles by 2040. Elon Musk has already stated that with the current market situation, "new Tesla plants are 'money furnaces' burning billions of dollars." Austin and Berlin
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

Local Petro Can is out of diesel today so went across the street to Esso, $2.34.9/l :o Ten miles up the road $2.19.9/l and they receive from the same truck. Off brand in town $215.9 We are getting gouged >:( 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Southside

Working wells and tank batteries in western Kansas are being taken off line right now.  I know the guy whose job it is to shut these off and was just there.  This is a light crude that will burn in a diesel engine as it comes out of the ground - not really good for the engine - but you get the idea of the quality of the oil.

Why would anyone take existing producing wells off line right now unless there is a desired outcome?  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

kantuckid

Yet another reason this thread is volatile to say much. 
The entire subject is touchy way beyond simply stating the price. 
Our oldest Son flew for Petroleum Helicopters International, Inc. for some years after he left active duty Marines. He was based in Houma, LA where PHI maintained the 2nd largest helo fleet in the world (other than the US Government) and kept a large trailer park as housing for the pilots who flew/worked on rotations and lived there while flying crews and big wigs to Gulf of Mexico rigs. 
When oil prices fell so low a few years back as the USA was producing and moving much crude, it evolved that they couldn't justify pumping that cheap oil below the production costs and most of the pilots were laid off permanently.
 Our boy took the better deal which was a severance pkg that ended his job buy paid more money that taking a chance of no severance. Now many are pumping again and talk of "this and that" out there". 
Those rigs & their production during these latest HUGE! oil price increases remain a hot topic political discussion that I cannot touch here. They are part of a political current positioning by our government. 
I will say that of all the obvious retail fuel price gouging I see; IMO, nothing will ever come of that in spite of politicians always saying they will. 

kantuckid

Quote from: Southside on July 04, 2022, 11:42:36 PM
Working wells and tank batteries in western Kansas are being taken off line right now.  I know the guy whose job it is to shut these off and was just there.  This is a light crude that will burn in a diesel engine as it comes out of the ground - not really good for the engine - but you get the idea of the quality of the oil.

Why would anyone take existing producing wells off line right now unless there is a desired outcome?  
If you'll research that topic it's the subject of much reporting and a well known answer thats complicated. Glut of 2020 USA oil & current lack of workers & materials are the easy parts. Small guys in petro have gone out of business in some cases lately.  

Thank You Sponsors!