iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Refineries gave themselves a big raise back 6 years ago or so I noticed.

I've never seen any scarcity of fuel, so it's an artificial hike as far as I can see.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

TroyC

Hurts for sure to pay 5.00/gallon, but that will be a true bargain if we get a good hurricane this season. After a few days with no generator, 10.00/gallon will seem cheap!
From what I've read lately, it is the refineries, not the barrel price that is driving fuel prices higher. The Ukraine situation is not helping any at all. When we reach a price that lowers demand, prices will come down. I'm doing my part to reduce demand, only travel when necessary.
Oh, BTW, 4.75/gallon most places in central Florida.  5.35 or so for diesel. Trip to the Keys this summer gonna be pricey.......

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

rusticretreater

Prices held steady in Central Virginia for a week or two at $4.49, Diesel $5.50.  I said whew! maybe it will go down a bit now.  NOPE.  Jumped another .10 cents.  I took a trip about two hours south and prices were .20 cents higher.  Yikes.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Chuck White on June 09, 2022, 07:53:08 AM
It's up to $5.099 here now!
Ahhh, the good old days!  $6.099 here :(
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Percy

Did all  the guzzintas(Canada/US/liters/Gallons) and its 6.50 US per US gallon here....... Yes indeed Im a walking :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

beenthere

Propane at $2.149 the last fill (bill came today). 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

21incher

Just got back from Costco  and filled up there. 10 lines wide with about 8 cars in each line. My wife said they must be giving  it away.  Well the price went  down. Paid $4.609 for regular subtract the 4% for using the Costco card and its $4.425. Couldn't  believe  how fast the lines moved, everyone must have just been topping  off at the lower price. That was the only thing that went down at Costco,  everything else in the store went up.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21incher

Quote from: beenthere on June 09, 2022, 01:43:03 PM
Propane at $2.149 the last fill (bill came today).
Wow. Our dealer wants $4.99 a gallon. Now they want $80 to pick up the tank so we bought a couple gallons so we can keep it a couple months for cooking. Have a hybrid electric  water heater on order.   I wonder  why there's such a difference.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

Taxes and whatever distribution numbers game they use.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

rusticretreater

Sounds like your dealer is a crook.  I just signed on with Quarles for 2.69 gal plus a 5 cent senior discount.

Box stores like Costco, BJs, Walmart sell gas at a discount to get you in the store where they get it all back and then some.
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

21incher

Quote from: rusticretreater on June 09, 2022, 03:47:26 PM
Sounds like your dealer is a crook.  I just signed on with Quarles for 2.69 gal plus a 5 cent senior discount.

Box stores like Costco, BJs, Walmart sell gas at a discount to get you in the store where they get it all back and then some.
We checked with another local dealer and the same price. We only  use a little  over 200 gallons a year and wind up in the highest price tier. Our electric is 16 cents a kw up here and getting  ready for another increase. That's quite  a bit higher also.

rusticretreater

yet another reason to make folks leave NY
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

Ljohnsaw

For 3 hours a Shell station had miss-placed the decimal point on a premium pump.  Sold it for $0.699 a gallon!
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

kantuckid

In our small burg, a certain group of persons have bought all two gas stations the 3rd is sort of locally owned by a man who has 3 small area IGA grocery stores. He's has always been high on gas, the other two were high now FAR!!!!!!!!!!!! higher. As an e.g., they are running 30-40 cents a gallon higher than the next small towns in any direction. Gas is branded from two sources not the same in both. Krogers gives their points for purchase but truth is their groceries are overall higher to get those points plus in my nearest Kroger town, they have not fuel point so the points only work at Shell stations who all up their prices by 10-15 cents per gallon over all other stations. 
Meanwhile politicians talk about controlling gouging. 
This thread is basically impossible to discuss here with any real meat toward the subject given it's a heavily political subject. 

Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Ljohnsaw

Well, on the plus side, my local Safeway grocery store gas station has lowered their price to $5.859 for cash regular. 8) ::)
John Sawicky

Sixacresand

Our local hardware store and grocery store are a blessing.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Al_Smith

It's pretty bad when it takes 30 dollars to fill up my lawn mower .Which is a Toro zero turn that drinks fuel at about a tad near a gallon and a half per hour .In the course of one week I actually use more gas in the mower than I do in my automobile which has a 4.6 liter V8 engine .
Hope is in sight though because about July in the hot sun the grass doesn't grow as fast but I doubt the price of gasoline will decrease .As luck would have it I have the best of two worlds .Living about 3 to 5 miles from everything I need yet having the luxury of being in a somewhat rural area .Corn fields and soy beans as far as the eye can see . 

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gspren

I haven't paid 5 bucks yet but yesterday I paid $ 4.999 for regular! The station nearest me, about a mile, just finished getting  new tanks and pumps so there is quite a selection, flex fuel @ up to E85, E15, regular is E10-87 octane, mid grade, high test, and ethanol free 89 octane, with diesel at a separate set of islands. None of our cars are approved for the E85 so can't consider it, the Toyota is approved for the E15 but at $4.799 that only saves about 4% so if mileage went down at all it isn't worth it.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

beenthere

Check your mileage with the different percentages of ethanol mixed with your regular gas. With 10% ethanol I get 10% less mpg.

As I see it, the same gallons of regular fuel are used for the miles driven.. and/or I can pay 10% more than the price of 10% ethanol fuel for non-ethanol fuel.

So we don't save any regular gas by adding ethanol. We are being duped?

Seems I read in this thread where E85 gets 25% less mileage. Never have tried it, and don't plan to as long as I can buy ethanol free fuel.

I figure that $4.999 price is really $5.
south central Wisconsin

Magicman

Gasoline is something that you can not buy as advertised nor be able to pay for it if you could.  Who has 9/10 of a cent?  ::)

Yes, we were duped several years ago with ethanol and are being duped by EV's now.....by the same people.   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

btulloh

Well the average household with 2.3 children has the ability to pay 9/10 of a cent. And 4.999 is MUCH less than five dollars if you just focus on the 4 compared to the 5.  All those numbers to the right of the decimal point are just noise. lol

"We duped 'em again, Josie".   (Sort of a quote from the movie "The Outlaw Josie Wales".)
HM126

snowstorm

this is the highest price for gas i have seen. on the dock for your boat $6.61. it is hi test with no ethanol. only about half the boats on there moorings this year. usually most are in the water by now. at the store $5.05. i bought a new chartplotter for my boat and i can bring up the engine imfo on it. at 1200 rpm it burns .5 gph at 5500 rpm its 21gph at 50 mph

gspren

Quote from: beenthere on June 12, 2022, 02:45:38 PM
I figure that $4.999 price is really $5.
Not at all, I got 14 gallon so saved .014 that's over a cent so after just 60 or 70 fill-ups I'll be able to get a small candy bar with the savings!  8)
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!