iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

As least it's better than grits.  :)   $3.00-$3.11 here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bull

reg 85-3.08  mid 87 - 3.15  super 93 - 3.24

sawguy21

I went to the Okanagan yesterday for a break. I put 20 bucks in the 6 cylinder Ranger cuz the fuel light was on then another 70 at the cheapest station in the valley. Down to a 1/4 tank today so another 70 bucks. OUCH. Funny thing is, it did not seem to hurt the line up at the toll booth. Plenty of BIG motor homes pulling pickups and boats plus the usual assortment of fifth wheels behind dually pickups. Lots of hot rod boats on the lake too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

solodan

diesel $3.09 reg $3.59  mid $3.79  super $3.89  :'(

It's too late for the Vasoline :-X

SwampDonkey

Can't pull anything over on this bunch.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

New record around here, and I sure hope that this post don't come across happy. :'(
Regular 87 octane unleaded gas.............. $3.65. :o
Highest I have ever seen it and it's that way at all the stations around here.
They got their early week hike, just waiting for their late week hike on Thursday.
Wondering if they are gonna make it to $4 per gallon by Memorial day as claimed.

I remember last year when it was a big deal and a promise that there wouldn't be any price hikes higher then 20¢ at a time. This one was 25-35¢ hike, who knows what the next one will be. >:( >:( >:(

Almost can't afford to work anymore. :-\ :-X

SwampDonkey

You guys have been getting it easy, wait until it tops $5.25 a gallon. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Weekend_Sawyer

$3.45 for hightest for the bike yesterday. I'm glad it gets 42 mpg. It would get alot better if I could keep it around 55  :)

Unfortunatley I am taking my Durango to the beach this weekend. It only gets 14mpg on a good day. that 5.9L dodge really moves tho.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

woodbowl

first link

Has anyone ever heard of increasing performance, engine life and fuel milage by putting acetone in the fuel? I'm too chicken to try it till someone else does first.  ;D Here is another link to back it up.

other link
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Ron Wenrich

Very interesting.  I was talking to one of the millhands and he says that he puts in dry gas every other tank and that improves his gas mileage by about 20%.  He also keeps putting in injector cleaner. 

The big drawback is pouring the acetone into the tank.  It would be best to premix some in a gallon of gas, then just add that gallon when you filled the tank.  It would dilute it pretty good.

Maybe we should ask the Car Talk guys.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Furby

Well I heard on the radio on Thursday that the state issued a statement that they would be looking into these gas prices.
Low  and behold the price started to drop that same day. ::)
Down to $3.48 now. :-\

turningfool

you're right furb..fuel prices compared to working distance travel just dont cut it today..added to home heating/cooling prices..they all add up to over 50% of my wages,of which the government gets another 30%..then comes the ever increasing cst of medical at 12%..that leaves a whopping 8% for me and a lot of folks like me.I would love to be able to purchase a new fuel efficient vehicle but even if i could save 5 of the 8% that i actually bring home it would take years to save enuff to buy one..and thats if i dont eat more than 3 times a week..the big question here swamp..is if the fuel prices are this high now..how will your grand children survive? :(

stonebroke

3.15 in CNY. How come Mich. is so much higher, normally we have about as high a gas price as anyone outside of Cal. ?

Stonebroke

Furby

PawNature

In downtown Chicago yesterday premium was 3.99.9 I forgot what regular was
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

stonebroke

DanG

My wife filled up for $2.999 at the Pilot truck stop this morning.  I paid $3.079 at the same place earlier in the week.  We can only hope that the prices have peaked.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

Well it was down to $3.38 up at the lake earlier today.

TexasTimbers

I just quit looking at the price. I can't tell you what it is and have not noticed in weeks. I have to have it so I just fill up. I slide my debit card, punch my code in, and let it run till it shuts off. With 38 gallons and how I often wiat until I am sucking fumes its always well over $100 so i must be paying over $3 a gallon.
I say let it run to $10 a gallon. The sooner the better. When we start lynching politicians maybe they will do something. Whether or not it is their fault on the gas doesn't matter. They are guilty of treason in so many areas I say lynch them all and let God sort 'em out. We need a clean slate.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Paschale

I paid $3.59 today.  Last year I said that the price of gas wasn't impacting my decisions about traveling, and when to go run errands, or whatever, but this summer is a different animal altogether. It's really impacting my bottom line, and my budget, and it's caused me to change the way I operate.

What do you think next summer's going to be looking like?  $4.59, and approaching $5.00? 

It's going to reach a point where the assumption we have that everyone can afford to own and operate a car is no longer accurate.  How can a minimum wage parent even afford a car these days, unless they just use it for running necessary errands?   >:(
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Weekend_Sawyer

I filled up my 6.0 disel and 3, 5 gal. gascans yesterday. Just under $150.
This hurts.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

GF

Quote from: woodbowl on May 25, 2007, 10:03:24 AM
first link

Has anyone ever heard of increasing performance, engine life and fuel milage by putting acetone in the fuel? I'm too chicken to try it till someone else does first.  ;D Here is another link to back it up.

other link

Tried this on a quad four engine with different amounts from what I found without it I was getting 35MPG, with it I got 34MPG, I would say there is no difference if using acetone or not.

TexasTimbers

I looked at the price this morning when I pumped a Ben Franklin in her . . . . $2.78. Diesel. I guess I am supposed to be grateful. I am not.

Then I took her out for new rubber all the way around. Toyos. Seems like a good bang for the buck. Wife's van has been doing well on them so I thought I'd see how the truck does with 'em.

Then, I took her over for new oil and grease.

Full tank, new rubber, oil and grease all in the same day. We'll be eating balogna for a month now. ::)

The wash was free on the way home. has been practically everyday for weeks and looks to continue for the foreseeable future. My wife called from Oklahoma and says she got hailed on this morning and had about zero vis for a few minutes. The highway traffic stopped dead in its tracks.

Suicides go up when it rains and rains and rains. Not me. I got my prescription refilled. I'm manic again. 8) 8) 8)

flip

Most of your fuel economy relates to how you drive and how much you idle.  Shutting your car off at lights does not help, that is bologna.  You wouldn't believe the # of calls we get when fuel prices go up.  Everyone whines about poor mileage, "I've been getting 25 now I only get 22".  Give me a break.  Make sure the air and fuel filters are clean, tires are set per manufacturers specs., use good fuel, stay away from ethanol.  If the check engine light isn't on and it is running OK there isn't a problem.  I recommended to a guy that was getting 10mpg on his F450 pulling a trailer if he wanted better mileage to buy a Focus, he didn't think it was funny ::)
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

TexasTimbers

A F450 getting 10MPG pulling a trailer is about right unless is it a lightweight trailer with nothing on it.

Thank You Sponsors!