iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

water pump system?

Started by sawyerkirk, May 31, 2003, 03:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawyerkirk

I am going to work on my household water system and have to replace the pump, I am looking at one that comes with a 6gal pressure tank attached allready. I have a brand new 30gal pressure tank inline all ready. Can I run two tanks on the same pump? Thanks guys, y'all are better than the guys ate the hardware store when it comes to these things!!

biziedizie

Yes you can as long as the motor doesn't cycle every 5 mins! Give more details on the pump and things like that and I can give you a better answer.

Steve

Gordon

Yes you can run two tanks with one pump. One thing to keep in mind is the air pressure should be the same in both tanks. That way they act as one larger tank, instead of two smaller ones. Other than that I can see no problems from leaving in the already installed larger tank.

The larger volume will cause the pump to run for a longer time when it does come on but it will cycle less.

Gordon

Frank_Pender

You bet you can, Sawyer.  I have two 60 gal. tanks setting right in the wellhouse.  A friend of mine is a masters master in plumbing and he designed the system.  I feed two residences here on the farm.  The well is a 75 gal. a minute supply.
Frank Pender

Bro. Noble

The system you have has the controls at the tank and probably has a bleed down valve to prevent waterlogging (I'm assuming it is a submersable pump).  If the small tank you are looking at goes down the well and is connected to the pump (they used to use those around here for mobile homes but had trouble with them) I don't think that will work.  Your controls have to be close to the pressure tank or the pump will turn on and off rapidly until something burns out.  If you have two tanks,  I think they have to be close together.  If you use the 6 gallon tank alone it will cycle too often and you will probably regret it.  I would suggest getting a conventional pump and use your old pressure tank.  Most submersable pump systems have separate pumps and motors-----you should be able to replace only the part that is bad.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!