iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodsman Pro??

Started by Maineloggerkid, June 01, 2008, 07:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maineloggerkid

NOw that I am done high school, I will be working in the woods full time. I need another saw(I have a 372xp, and I want a spare), and I was thinking about running a Woodsman Pro bar, but-are they worth the money? What makes them special?? If I don't run that, I will probably run a GB titanium bar, because of the durability, and the fact that they are cheaper than an Oregon powermatch.

SO, does anyone have experiance with these bars?
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

jokers

The Woodsman Pro bars are relabeled Cannon Super Bars and they are very good. I don`t however think theyr are worth the "investment" until you get into the longer bars which may cost several hundred dollars initially and that`s only if you need a long bar on a daily basis. The tips however are supposed to be somehow much tougher than Oregon tips and they are made to be interchangable with the current Oregon style bars, so if you are hard on tips you might try a news stock WP tip and see if it lasts longer. The price on these through Bailey`s is competitive.

The GB Ti's that I`ve owned have been nothing remarkable, good or bad. If you can get them cheaper, why not run them? This scenario will undoubtedly change IMO because if I`m not mistaken, Stens recently bought out GB and Oregon owns Stens just like Oregon owns Windsor. Old stock Windsor bars were better IMO than the new stock but they are still good bars, just not what they were.

Ed

Jokers has got it!

I like the pre-Oregon Windsor bars too, excellent bang for the buck. The last bar I bought was a 36" GB-ti, so far it's held up great!

Ed

Maineloggerkid

JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

Thank You Sponsors!