iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Buddy Bill

Started by Percy, April 02, 2004, 10:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Today I learned that my buddy Bill Clark took his life. He was goin thru a tuff divorce and it came as shock...Im numb. He was the guy with the MSG manual mill Ive mentioned several times. He was helpin me and Warren at the mill not more than three weeks ago, had dinner here about10 days ago and talked with me on the phone a weekago today. It happend on Monday but wasnt discovered untill today. Whats up??
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

EZ

This is a sad thing, Percy. My prayers are with you bud.
EZ

pasbuild

Our son took his own life 9 years ago, to this day its the hardest thing I have to deal with.
I feel for all that Bill Clark was close to :(
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Fla._Deadheader

Man, sorry to hear about the trouble, guys. Hang in, and try to remember the good times, in these moments of despair.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Norm

Sorry to hear of these things guys. Life can sure be tough but I hate to see it end like this. Good to know that god welcomes everyone no matter how they get there.

karl

Percy;
Sorry about your loss, hate it when that happens -hope you take the time to celebrate his life with others close to him- it is the best medicine for a sad soul.
Thinking of you.
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Tom

While that is an unfortunate thing to happen to Bill, I feel remorse for those who were left behind even more.  Taking ones life is a final and quick way out of a depressive situation.  Unfortunately, I don't think those doing it really consider the absolute finality of the action.

It's those who are left behind that are left to suffer.  All the things that weighted that person are now on the survivors as well as the emotional strain of the "cop-out".

Hold your head up and be glad you met him, Mourn his inability to cope but more than that, acknowledge the weight of the act left on those he left.  Can you imagine a child growing up with this on his mind?

RavioliKid

RavioliKid

Mark M

I really feel for everyone involved. I've know too many people affected by suicide and it causes me heartache everytime I hear of it happening. Our town had had an epidemic of young people killing themselve. I wish there was something we could do to convince them that no matter how bad things are there will be better times ahead.

Ga_Boy

Percy,

I'm real sorry to hear about your buddy.

Seems kinda strange we have to have bad things like this to put the good things in perspective.

I hope the sun shines birght for you real soon.

Ga Boy
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

DanG

So sorry to hear about your buddy, Percy.  This will be tough on everyone who knew him.

No one knows what might have been going on in the mind of someone who does that.  I think that depression and despair interrupts the reasoning powers, sometimes to the point that someone will do something completely out of character. Non-violent people will commit violent acts, and non-suicidal people will take their own lives.

My thoughts are with you and his family.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

redpowerd

its aful sad to hear of taking ones own life, my prayres are with ya
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

rebocardo

When you have no hope and you feel like you have no control, that seems like the only way left to end your misery and to gain some control. Plus, when you are at your lowest, that is when evil is trying to push you even farther beyond limits.

Frickman

My heart goes out to you and your family and friends Percy. I never could understand why someone would do something like that. Even if things seemed that bad you can always pick up and start over somewhere else. That's what great about our country, you always have the opportunity to go somewhere else and give things another try. Again, my condolences.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Frank_Pender

My heart and prayers are with those of you who have gone through such tragedy.  Thank you, Percy, for being with him over that last few weeks.  He knew you were his good friend.  Use the good times of late, to help you through the tough of now.  :-[
 I spoke with the mother of one of my long ago students in the market yesterday, who had done what your friend had done.   It was about this time of year when he had decided to end his life.  I knew she was hurting and simply gave her a big hug right there in Safeways produce department and said "I have been thinking of you and your husband the last few days."  We part, each with tears in our eyes, without additional words.
Frank Pender

Frank_Pender

My heart and prayers are with those of you who have gone through such tragedy.  Thank you, Percy, for being with him over that last few weeks.  He knew you were his good friend.  Use the good times of late, to help you through the tough of now.  :-[
 I spoke with the mother of one of my long ago students in the market yesterday, who had done what your friend had done.   It was about this time of year when he had decided to end his life.  I knew she was hurting and simply gave her a big hug right there in Safeways produce department and said "I have been thinking of you and your husband the last few days."  We part, each with tears in our eyes, without additional words.
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!