iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More Slash saw problems

Started by sshier, October 19, 2013, 02:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshier

Need more advice please replaced teeth and spindle bearings. Got it all together last night started working this morning and cotter pin sheared castle nut backed of and hub came off thankfully no one was hurt. So we sarted looking it over and the hub was ridding on the threads of the spindle whats the options, new spindle, or should we try to cut some new threads. I canot think that that castle nut would really have a whole lot of pressure on it really wish i would have replaced that cotter pin any thoughts would be apprieciated

beenthere

Bummer!
Can't help as cannot completely understand just what is happening.
Someone will.
Any chance of a picture of what you are faced with?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

newstick

Im am owner operator of Newberg Forest Products.We are a convental logging company with a Timbco feller buncher, two John Deere skidders , a strokeboom delimber, and a Serco log loader with circle slasher saw.
In the summer time my other company builds Handcrafted Log Homes. I love the woods!

sshier

Got the problem fixed cleaned up threads so nut would tighten down think we will be fine ran saw for awhile and inspected everything is tight and we are running again so all it really costed us was a 1/4 load of pulp wood not to bad. Anyone have experiance running link chains on skidder or should we pony up for skidder chains stud or ring?

beenthere

QuoteGot the problem fixed cleaned up threads so nut would tighten down

So you are saying it was just a problem with a loose nut  (and I for sure don't mean you)?

Did you just file out the existing threads where the saw chewed them up to get the nut tight?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sshier

Yes i filed and cleaned out enough threads to get nut tight i put machine washers behined the castle nut to get to the better threads then tightened it and put new pin in the whole issue started from reused cotter pin that sheared off. Sorry for run on not good with grammer

Thank You Sponsors!