iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Super Sawmills

Started by dewwood, April 08, 2002, 05:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewwood

I have heard Timber Harvester and Woodmizer are both coming out with new 70 hp sawmills.  I saw Bibbyman's photos so I know woodmizer has, does anyone have any information on either mill?  What motor are they using and have they made any other changes to their mills to support the increased power?  

I have tried both of their websites and they don't have any information on them.

Thanks for any information.
Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Bibbyman

I'm pretty sure the LT70 shown in Mt. Vernon had a 42 hp Kubota diesel on it.  It was a prototype unit so they may be offering it with other engines.  

There probably comes a point where you keep adding horsepower and you have to add blade thickness and width to use the horsepower.  Then your back in the old circle mill area again – lot of HP and lots of sawdust.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bud Man

Seems like I remember the LT70 having a 55 or 60 HP motor from some info about Oregon show wood-mizer was in with their New LT70. ??
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Bud Man

Timber Harvester is supposed to have a new model ?  with a 70 HP motor at the Tenn Forestry Association Show  at Jackson, Tn on April 18,19 .
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

johnjbc

Just got a flyer in the mail from Timber Harvester. They will be demonstrating  their Model 36HTD25-70 with a 70 hp diesel engine at their Pa Open House.
April 20, 2002 at the Clouser Farm, Madisonburg, Pa
Went to one last year and the food was great and the people very friendly
Call  800-497-3385 or 814-349-5715 to confirm    
  http://www.clouserfarm.net/

John
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Bud Man

Then they got at least 2 of um cause they are to show one in Jackson, Tn. on the 19 too !!  8)  I report on the mill and the food too !!  8)

woodman

Maby i will see one at the springfield show in May.
Jim Cripanuk

Thank You Sponsors!