iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood on a Hakki Pilkie 1x37

Started by GRANITEstateMP, April 09, 2017, 10:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbarry

That vid should of appeared as normal in the previous reply. Looks like someone is tweaking the FF software again. Just click the link to go to Youtube to see it.

barbender

Thanks Jim! That explains it very well, I'll have to see what I can come up with.
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jimbarry

jmur1

I was amazed when I added the hard stop to my processor how much cycle time was saved.
Mine hinges downward as shown and works well overall.

Easy does it

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: jimbarry on August 28, 2022, 02:02:19 PM
Discovered a tear in the infeed belt today. What options might there be to fix this?

Jim, I just ordered a new belt from an outfit in Maine. Last one I got from them made 5 yrs, and is still running, but spotty. I'll get them name in a bit, it was $174 shipped to my door
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

GRANITEstateMP

Just got a chance to look at and pull the invoice rom my new. belt. I haven't installed it yet, but like I said it's the second one I've got from them. PRC Industrial in Portland Maine. Looks like its a PRCB blk roughtop 12 conveyor belt, 2ply, 150 piw, slit to 8" wide. Lace W/RS15'0" NFL. Hope that helps

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

jimbarry

Cutting plenty of "northern walnut" this morning :)

barbender

jimbarry

jimbarry

Did 8 crates today. Gonna have to sharpen the chains I guess, got a resupply.

20220915 Firewood Log Delivery - YouTube

barbender

I should've known Jim. Northern Canadians have a wide range of hardwood species to choose from, maple and birch😁

GRANITEstateMP

We've been plugging away, doing a bit less woid on Sundays (our go to day) but trying for 1 or 2 on Saturday s. We had a couple country fairs come up that slowed production, but helped morale!

Yesterday we did 3 cord of the oversized wood, sorry no pics, got 1 more customers order finished. We did 2 cord of processor wood today. The deck is dwindling down

This was the start of the day. thats the main pieces of my new woodshed in the foreground.

The first cord was that customers 5th of the year and finished him up. The second cord, our 107th on the year, will finish off that customers order, it was her 2nd cord

It was a great fall day to work up wood. We went and did a good atv ride after, had a great race in an old pasture! Now I'm not sure if I should deliver the wood, or take a nap ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

GRANITEstateMP

Moved 4 more cords this weekend, I think that puts us at 117 for the year. I've got 6 more cord on my cut list, I really don't mind if we don't get anymore orders.  I'm ready to do some maintenance, and build up a new wood shed or two (aka improvements)
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

barbender

I haven't kept very close track of how many cords I've done this year. 60 or 70 at least. In fact I barely have any logs left, about 8 cords. Time to get more coming, but I've been letting things clear out so I can clean up and organize a bit. 

jimbarry

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on October 30, 2022, 04:02:43 PM
Moved 4 more cords this weekend, I think that puts us at 117 for the year. I've got 6 more cord on my cut list, I really don't mind if we don't get anymore orders.  I'm ready to do some maintenance, and build up a new wood shed or two (aka improvements)
We're on par for production for the year. And the to do list.

jimbarry

Quote from: barbender on October 30, 2022, 08:50:56 PM
... In fact I barely have any logs left, about 8 cords. Time to get more coming, but I've been letting things clear out so I can clean up and organize a bit.
Yep, same here too. Did clean up this weekend.

jimbarry

Plans derailed a couple times today. Chain kept falling off on the big sticks when a piece would drop in the chute. I think what might have been happening is the block of wood bounces back up a little bit and touches the chain, knocking it off. Only happens with the large chunks if I end the cut hard and fast and don't pull up the bar quick enough. If I slow down near the end of the cutting the block of wood drops a little slower and less likely to bounce back up. 

barbender

I've noticed big blocks bounce back up and hit the chain on my Dynan too- but it's never knocked the chain loose.

GRANITEstateMP

We have the same thing happen on our HockeyPuck as Jim is seeing. It's always the larger rounds that are near max diameter.  When they fall and bounce a bit, they'll sometimes knock the chain off. Good news is those bigger diameter pieces make a lot of firewood!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

jimbarry

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on November 04, 2022, 06:31:37 AM
We have the same thing happen on our HockeyPuck as Jim is seeing. It's always the larger rounds that are near max diameter.  When they fall and bounce a bit, they'll sometimes knock the chain off. Good news is those bigger diameter pieces make a lot of firewood!
Sure does. Makes for nice looking stacks too.

A load of near max size on the log deck. This is about 1/2 cord when split and stacked. 

Smaller logs would be about the same pile onthe log deck but would require 2-3 times as many cuts.

GRANITEstateMP

Fall is in full swing here in NH, except the whole temperature part of it, it was 70 yesterday afternoon!

Every load of firewood comes with some free, colorful leaves, free of charge!  I did a bunch of yardwork and honey-do stuff around the house, then went to process the last cord of an 8 cord order.

First few logs went great, I was working alone on the processor, my son checking in on me and emptying the sawdust bucket and wheelbarrow.  Then I started getting a bit of a hickup in the cutting mechanism. My machine is all manual, so I checked the easy stuff, made a few tweaks, got it better, but not 100%.  A bit more diag, looks like some linkage parts that haven't shown much wear in the previous 6 years are showing some. We've got 2 more to run off the machine today, and I'm hoping too go into a good maintenance mode for a bit after that. When its time to process, I want to process, not tinker! Took me 2hrs to complete the cord. It should have been 1hr,20min working by myself at a leisurely pace. Hope for better today
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

jimbarry

Same kind of day here. Frustrated with the hydraulic downward motion of the saw bar. It can do 5-6 slices no problem. Next one, stops half way and really struggles to go further. Lots of back and forth with the joystick, and/or "rocking the log". Drastic measures while applying downward cutting pressure. Might have to deal with it for 1-3 cuts, then its ok for a couple logs. Then it starts all over. The time fussing, we could have done 2 or more logs. Debating on selling the HP.

Today we managed 256 cu ft of 14" long pieces with the two of us. Went from this pile

to stacked in 9 crates

barbender

Jim, is the bar hanging up in the cut?

Thank You Sponsors!