iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Slash and Longleaf

Started by Tom, April 13, 2002, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

My slash is really jumping this year.  Pictured is two weeks of growth.  It's common to have this much but I expect there to be more before they slow down.  Last year they did this twice.

The longleaf that is volunteering throughout the plantation is really exciting me.  If I am able to keep these trees for sawlogs then having the longleaf may give me (or somebody) a second cutting.  See the difference in the "candle" of the longleaf?  It is more robust, stockier, potentially as long and much whiter than the slash.  If you can't get close enough to the trees while traveling to identify them from other means,  you can always tell the Longleaf by its big, white candle.

CHARLIE

Whose the ugly guy with the ugly hat?  You oughta chase those type off your land. He looks pretty shifty to me. :o :o :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

That's my wife's tenant, Charlie.  He's Ok.  

Bud Man

Look's to me like some wierd type looking fellow is trying to hypnotize your baby Slash & Longleaf's, that are enjoying the Grass Stage. Or maybe the trees have him hypnotized, eh?
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!