iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

oak log prices

Started by Ivey, March 27, 2007, 11:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivey

I know it may be hard to answer without seeing,but is .43 b/f for w/oak logs with 2 sides clear a fair price to pay from another LARGE sawmill .

What about water oak, and hickory sawlogs at 25.00/ton. my first log purchase and want to try and be in the ballpark somewhere...

thanks,Ivey
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

WDH

Water oak and hickory sawlogs at $25.00/ton is about the same price as they would command for pulp logs.  My question is what do you mean by "sawlogs"?  What are the specifications?   So, if they are truly sawlogs and not pulpwood, that is a good price if you are the buyer.  If it is rough grade and pulpwood, it is not good if you will be trying to saw lumber out of it.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Kelvin

Right now white oak is through the roof at the mills.  Veneer logs at $1.50-$3 a bd ft while red oak is at .75-$1.50 a bd ft, so i would think saw logs would be similar in difference.  If you could get two good faces i would probably buy them.  The other thing is making a realtionship with someone who is used to selling lots of wood at one time.  Expect to pay extra for small volumes, extra for being new and extra just for the heck of it.
Kelvin

flip

Last I checked the local mill would load up all the wo I wanted for $1.00/bf in 8', 10' and 12' lengths.  Logs from 18"-36".
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Ivey

I just called another large sawmill/log yard about 60 miles away, and asked his prices for sawlogs picked up at his place .

r/oak=450.tho
w/oak=350.-450. tho
gum=300. tho
pop=375.-450. tho
cyp=350.-500. tho

I think that I need to find me a logger..

Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

woodmills1

just for grins ifin I pays a dollar per i aint makin no money. :P
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!