iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

090AV making sure this is clutch problem

Started by terrifictimbersllc, September 29, 2011, 11:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

Anyone think that my problem below might be something other than the clutch needs replacing?  $$$. 

Last job using my 090AV the saw was revving fine but the chain was stopping/slowing in the cut.  A little bit of extra metallic/ringing type noise not too loud.  Assumed facing on a clutch segment came loose.  Just took it off,  no funny business with the shaft on putting the nylon cylinder block in and loosening the nut.  However the clutch segments are intact and the springs look fine.   Two of the clutch segments have about 3/32 material left on them the others a 1/16th.  Only thing I can think of is that this isn't enough clutch material and it's time to get a new clutch ($50 each for the segments or about $340 for the whole assembly).   Or a new 660.  Opinions welcome.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

HolmenTree

Did you forget to install the little spacer ring under the clutch's cover plate?
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

terrifictimbersllc

It went from working to not working over a period of time, I will check both of my saws to see they're the same and post pix if needed.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

acco1840

CHECK YOUR SPROCKET!! I have broken 2 of mine on my 090, both of them cracked the drive cog clean off the clutch drum. They both metallicly rattled and slowed before letting go. BTW, dont try to weld it if it has broken. My uncle spent an hour welding an 090 sprocket, only to have heated it too much and it shrunk the hole where it fits on the shaft!!

terrifictimbersllc

Thank You Sponsors!