iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moose,Granddaugter did it.

Started by thecfarm, September 25, 2013, 02:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Here it is,  8)  8)  8)

That is Haley,19 years old and her Grand Father. 743 pounds,13 points,41½ inch rack.
Do you think she is pumped????  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Congrats to her. That is some BIG moose.

Would you ask her to write up a short story (or long) about the hunt so you could post it here for us to read? Or maybe she wants to be a forum member? Either/or.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jdtuttle

Good for her. That should fill the freezer.
Have a great day

goose63

Man you should be proud of her :rifle: smiley_clapping 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

bama20a

A 743 lb Grand father? :o :o :o.Just funning with you,Know both of ya'll are proud.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

pappy19

She must have shot it in the back yard to have it hauled in whole. I was never that lucky. Regardless, that's a great accomplishment for any one and especially a female. Her husband to be will have to really be a mountain man. What rifle caliber did she shoot it with?

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

MrPete

Congrats to Haley!  I'm sure your chest must be a little bigger today cfarm!  If not it should be!
:D

thecfarm

bama,I was just a little excited too when I posted it.  :D
pappy,the moose was shot about 100 miles in the woods. But there was a logging road 200 yards away. Took them about 4 hours to get it to the truck,using a Lewis winch,pulleys and 500 feet of rope.He said it's a big deal to haul them out in one piece and take the moose to the weigh station. A Ruger,7mm,08 was used to shoot the moose.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

The pictures are coming in now.

bama20a

HEHE, I'm sure you was excited,I know I would have been.
A nice looking young lady,You have alot to be proud of.Mark,,,,,,
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

DanG

Wow, that's a biggun!  You're gonna need a lot of grits to go with all that moose meat!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sawguy21

I can imagine how hard they worked to skid that sucker onto the truck. That is one big boy. :o
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ET

Good job Haley!  We eat 2 whitetail each year here in Ohio; that moose would last prob 3 years!  Wow what a catch. 
Ernie
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

ND rancher

:)Congrats to Haley, That should be a good eating one, fairly young. Now I need to check the freezer to see if I have any left!   food1
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

drobertson

Wow!  fantastic! man them things are big!  Happy for Hailey! 8)   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

WOW! :o Congrats to Haley. I know you are proud.

Allan

thecfarm

beenthere,it would have to be a short one. She is 3 days behind her work   :(  in college now due to the Big Moose Hunt. I sent her this link, She will decide that.

nk14zp

Quote from: DanG on September 25, 2013, 10:16:06 PM
Wow, that's a biggun!  You're gonna need a lot of grits to go with all that moose meat!
Moose meat and grits sounds like sacrilege to me.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

thecfarm

Grits and moose meat sounds terrible to me. Well,to tell you the truth,grits and anything sounds awful to me.  :D

woodandtractors

cfarm-you are not alone in thinking that!
Mike
Still plays with tractors-IH of course!

petefrom bearswamp

Way to go Haley!
Grits are OK but don't have them much here.
Gooood eatin.
Moose meat is my second favorite after whitetail.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ken

Congrats on the moose.  We also bagged a moose on Friday that was very close in size to your granddaughters.   I am going to post some pictures as soon as I get them loaded into my computer.  Gotta love moose meat 8)
Lots of toys for working in the bush

coxy

great job to Haley  its going to be hard to top that one 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!