iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

youth hunt

Started by coxy, October 12, 2013, 06:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

today starts the youth hunt in ny hope all the kids have good luck and post some pic of there deer  8)    my kid mist it by a few weeks  :(

sandhills

I don't know that they have a youth hunt for deer here but they do for pheasant, give your kid those few weeks, it'll be that much better  ;)!  What's the age limit there?

gspren

If people use the youth hunts as intended they are great and with small game they usually are but I think with the early deer hunts too many unscrupulous dads drag a kid out so dad can shoot an extra deer. JMHO.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sandhills

Quote from: gspren on October 14, 2013, 06:48:07 PM
  If people use the youth hunts as intended they are great and with small game they usually are but I think with the early deer hunts too many unscrupulous dads drag a kid out so dad can shoot an extra deer. JMHO.
I agree completely, here locally anyway, our youth early hunt for pheasants is put on by our local chapter of pheasants forever and a close neighbors who have a controlled shooting area and raise pheasants, probably not the most sporting event but it does a lot for educating the kids about safety and ethics.  They always have a good turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!