iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

'hello' from a new member

Started by rochte, March 31, 2013, 02:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rochte

Just wanted to say a quick hello to the Forum.  I own a small plot (26 acres or so) of forest land in Michigan's U.P. and hope to learn a lot more about forest management from this site.  While I already have a whole lot of questions in mind, I'll probably spend the week or so searching and reading on here before I ask any of them.

Anyway, hello and Happy Easter to all!

-Robert

Left Coast Chris

Hello Robert,  hope you are having a great Easter and welcome to the Forum.   Noticed you are having some down right cold temps up there right now.   Keep warm!
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

rochte

Hi Chris and thank you for the warm welcome!  Although my property is close to Lake Superior, I am - alas - just outside of Detroit for now.  So temps aren't bad here at the moment, though there's more snow falling in parts of our Upper Peninsula right now.

I look forward to learning a great deal here on the forum... I know just enough about forestry to realize that I know absolutely *nothing* about it right now.  I want to understand more about how to keep my trees and little forest healthy, and how to intelligently work with the local forestry professionals.

Jeff

East end or west end of the U.P.?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

rochte

East end of the UP, off 123 and about halfway between Newberry and Paradise.  I marked it on the map in my profile.

Magicman

Hello Robert and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

Say when

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Robert!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

rochte

Thanks, all, for the warm welcome!  :)

thecfarm

rochte,welcome to the forum. Ask away will be help.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

fat olde elf

Welcome ! You need to mark the first Saturday in August as the Forestry Forum Pig Roast. Easy drive to Harrison from Grosse Pointe. I drive up from Stanfield NC each year, a real hoot. Also attend my high school reunion near Jackson MI on that trip. This is the best place for info on the web..........Say your prayers.......
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

rochte

Pig Roast sounds like a plan! Thanks!  :)

Thank You Sponsors!