iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS200T Won't stay running.......

Started by Bark Buster, January 29, 2006, 02:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bark Buster

How hard is it to replace impulse line on the ms200.?..I'm suspecting it to be bad due to the hard starting of this saw, it starts only when choked and then after 7 or so pulls it runs and quits. The carb will also be kitted although it seems to be clean and diaphrams not distorted or torn. Saw sat for awhile but has new gas and good compression . Any suggestions ?? would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
"You get what you inspect not what you expect."

Mike_Barcaskey

same problem on mine a while ago, I took it into the dealer to fix
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rocky_J

The carb has to be accessed through the air filter opening. Two 8mm nuts to remove the air filter mounting plate, but they also hold the carb in place. I'd recommend an air compressor with air nozzle to fully clean all around the carb before removing anything. Then pull the filter mounting plate and press your thumb over the carb opening and blow the carb off real well. Be careful when pulling linkage off the carb, if the part inside the handle gets messed up they are almost impossible to reassemble correctly. Stihl sells the top handle with all the linkage intact (and they are very proud of that handle).

Jim Spencer

I had a similair problem with my 028.
How I solved my problem.

I solved my problem.
The cause of this problem was a screen in the carburetor was plugged.
There is a screen about 1/4" in diameter that is under the fuel pump diaphram and was plugged with dust.  The fuel pump seems to be powered from the movement of the piston and is on the opposite side of the carburetor from the gasoline diaphram.
The cover is held in place by 1 screw. Under that cover is a diaphram and under that there is a screen that can get debris from the exhaust.
This tiny screen was plugged.
Jim

kenskip1

Jimmy, Back up!
    Have you read what you have told this man? Exhaust into the carb? How about the gas filter in the tank did not filter all the impurities. However, the screen in the carb caught this. The screen was cleaned and the saw is now running well.
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

Mike_Barcaskey

Bark Buster, did you get it fixed? What was wrong?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

ehp

Check your 200 for a air leak at the back of the carb , if you can get it running just spray some WD-40 on the side of the carb the jets are on , spray it right at the point that the carb bolts to the saw, if it is leaking the saw will quit as soon as the WD hits it.

Thank You Sponsors!