How it all works part 2

Started by Tam-i-am, April 18, 2008, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Here is the rest of the story:

This is Kevin surrounded by 2 milling machines and a lathe.  This is where Kevin makes some of the fixtures to make the tools and the guys will make some of the parts here.

This is our iron worker.  We use it to make parts for the arches.

Here is a tub of collars for the handles.  They need to be tumbled and then welded into place.

Here is a bin of hooks back from plating.  When the hooks come back they are sorted by size and placed in small bins on the shelves in shipping.  As seen here in the photo we use only cheap child labor.  He works for 3 cents a hook.  I suspect he really does it for the fringe benefits though - free trip to the FF Pig Roast every year.  (For those of you who don't know the boy in the photo, he is our youngest son)

This is the quality tester.  The hook is set into the log, then the machine will put force on it.  A fiber glass tool was being tested to determine the maximum force that could be applied before the handle would break.  The tester applied 500 pounds of pressure at the end of the handle for about 10 minutes before the fiberglass gave way.  The tester can be configured another way in order to fatigue test the tool.  Again the hook is set in the log and then the tester moves the handle back and forth.

Here is a picture of command central.

This is actually my desk.  I have been out of the office for about 6 weeks and Kevin has done a great job filling in for me and getting everything done but he never seems to find the time to put anything away or clean off my desk. ;D

Each of the office walls has different things from our biggest customers Stihl, WoodMizer and Bailey's.  Kevin also collects diecast models of different logging equipment, construction equipment and sawmill.  Then there is the Forestry Forum Cookie table and the FF corner.  In that corner is the cant hook from Marcel, FF hat, a chunk of redwood, WVHillbilly's LogRite sign and a petrified tree from Pender.  Oh yes, and my cant hook.

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

sprucebunny

Thanks, TamIam !!

Great tour  8) 8) 8)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Ironwood

Top shelf!, Just got my "hooks" that UPS lost the first time. Perhaps mine came from the batch in the photo. Thanks the tools are great and can't wait to get to use them!!

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

sgtmaconga

me and dad don't work with out the hook he won. thanks for the look inside.
Measure twice cut once

Reddog

Thanks for the quick shipment.  :)