ATV and Logrite Tools Harvesting Bug Killed Larch

Started by Jeff, September 07, 2011, 08:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I threw this video together of some video clips my sister took today of my working at harvesting some beetle killed Eastern Larch (Tamarack) trees. I wanted to show how even a guy still recovering from shoulder surgery can get out there using Logrite tools and still get something accomplished. If I had two good arms things would go a bunch better, but quality tools go a long way of making up for my short comings. I have a long way to go to get this done, but that's okay. I'm having a good time doing it. It's my Physical Therapy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWfkpJCoU84
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

davidlarson

Jeff -
Excellent video, which I enjoyed.  I have the same kind of equipment, or nearly so.  My LogRite cant hook is blue, log arch is slightly bigger, chain saw is Husqvarna orange, and my vehicle is a Kubota RTV 900, but the ideas are about the same.  It looked to me that you were doing the job the way it is supposed to be done, even with a convalescing shoulder.  Thanks.
David L.

Jeff

My cant hooks are blue and orange, but Burlkraft slipped up and left his yellow one here, so I'm breaking it in for him. ;D

Kevin

When you're done with that yellow one send it up here for the winter, I'll try and get it back to you in the Spring.

Jeff

Hey, come and get it. :D  I'll put ya to work for a day and feed ya some canned Ravioli. 8) Maybe if Burlkraft thinks I'm going to ship it back across the ditch he'll come back to protect it and we can work him a day too. ;D

Bill Gaiche

Good video Jeff. Who was the camera crew? ESPN outdoor sports! bg