iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a Belsaw-

Started by mad murdock, June 10, 2018, 08:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad murdock

905 planer!  Came with a 5hp electric motor and a home made stand for it. Going to put it to work so we can add value to the redwood we have been milling. Very stoutly built machine! Looks like a 1940's vintage, would be sweet to have the bits to add the model 920 jointer on top in place of the top cover. I see that there are a few of these around, not a lot though. This thing was built to last and last!! Pics to follow.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

mad murdock

Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

mad murdock

Found a new set of planer knives for this machine, it appears that common parts are easily sourced for this machine albeit has some years on it. Would love to find a 920 jointer top for it. Would really add to its versatility. 

Don P

Looks like a beast of a machine compared to the sheet metal ones of later. It could sure do with some belt guards soon!

glendaler

I found one of these for sale but I'm hesitant to make the 6 hour trip to get it.
Belsaw A10 circle mill,

Babylon519

How wide is that? I'm looking for new blades (2) for my 100-year-old planer.     - Jason

Jason
1960 IH B-275 - same vintage as me!
1960 Circle Sawmill 42"
Stihl MS440 & a half-dozen other saws...

mad murdock

12" wide x 6" max height. Measure your knives and google planer knives by the size of what you have. I found mine on evil-bay

wolf nemeth

Nice find!   Last year  I  bought  an old Powermatic, also from the  1930's.  Recently put it  up for sale,  mentioned its age, and some  guy  called and asked if I was the original owner!
If you  don't know where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else!

Thank You Sponsors!