iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

They got him

Started by 4x4American, May 04, 2015, 07:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

So some of you might recall me talking about that guy with the bad rep around here who's gotten the better of me twice now on logs.  The first time I went to his header (landing) and picked out the hemlock logs I wanted.  He told me he'd deliver them tomorrow.  I needed them.  I didn't pay him any up front because my boss (who grew up with him) warned me that this guy is a real nice guy, but the type of person that you have to check how many fingers you have after shaking hands with him.  Anyways, you can guess the rest, he didn't come, wouldn't answer any of his phone lines, etc.

I did end up getting a load of logs from him at a time where I didn't really need them so I said what the heck I'll give him a second chance.  He did come through.  Then on this last one, I needed 8 foot logs from him.  Once I sawed one and seen it was short I measure them.  7'10".  I called him up and told him, he said to saw them into framing lumber for him and he'll come with some good 8' logs.  Again same thing, no call, no show, no answer.  Well anyways in the newspaper it's been reported that he was just charged with grand larciney!   8)
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

I talked with my old boss, who works for the company who pressed charges, he said that the guy came in and hooked up to his log loader and left without paying the bill ($4,300).  And they called and sent bills, with no answers.  So they took him to court.  See what happens. 
Boy, back in my day..

landscraper

A warrant in debt should catch his attention pretty quickly! 
I'm sure it was just a big "misunderstanding"  :-\
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Peter Drouin

I can't say what I would have done to him on here. I have to stay away from punks like that. And you should too.  :-X
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

4x4American

Put him on the sawmill and try to find the money he owes you using accuset II?  :D
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 4x4American on May 04, 2015, 09:53:37 PM
Put him on the sawmill and try to find the money he owes you using accuset II?  :D

smiley_thumbsup :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Yup, you don't get extra points for being stooopid.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!