iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Mizer LT40 Engine Question

Started by RedRebel, March 09, 2019, 08:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRebel

I just purchased a sawmill today, a Wood Mizer LT40 2005 I think, but I can't find any information on the engine. I know it's a Nissan. I want to research the engine and buy parts for a tune-up. Where could I look on it to find out what it is? Thanks.

ps
I tried to attach pictures but couldn't figure it out

Magicman

Look here for your picture posting.  It's the very last topic on the index page:
Updated Photo Posting Tutorial in Technical Support Topics

Call Wood-Mizer with the sawmill serial number to register the sawmill and to get a customer number.  They will also have your tuneup kit and everything else that you may need.  They will also have very competitive pricing.

Oh, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Also adding your location and finish filling out your profile will help us to know/remember.  It does help.  :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Vin number if it has wheels, My decals are on the main frame tube, inside about a quarter of the way back, and on the back of the idle wheel housing by the tensioner. And the serial number also. Call Woodmizer with these, or if you don't have them, the name of the previous owner , and you can get registered to access the entire assembly engine included online at their website.Myself I wouldn't complete any deal without paperwork showing these numbers.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, RedRebel!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

RedRebel

Wow! I wasn't expecting such a timely response. Thank y'all so much. I can tell this is gonna ba a good group of people to have around.

Farm29

Welcome to the Forestry Fourm.  Just about anything you ever needed to know you can find on here!   Lots of reading material 
96 lt40 Hyd 24 hp onan
460 rancher

DR_Buck

Quote from: Farm29 on March 10, 2019, 09:22:40 AM
   Welcome to the Forestry Fourm.  Just about anything you ever needed to know you can find on here!   Lots of reading material
You'll even find stuff here you didn't need to know.   :D

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Crossroads

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your new toy
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

MartyParsons

Wood Mizer classifies this engine as 36 hp. I have purchased parts at a Fork Lift dealer with Nissan gas industrial engine. You will need serial number and spec number.
The Carburetor and the electric governor are the issues. I have seen one crank shaft brake. Please use a drive belt tension tool!
Thanks
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!