iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You thought...

Started by Jeff, December 23, 2019, 11:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

That my contests were at times diabolical?

I wanted to get a gift for Stacy's friend and adopted family member Joe. Joe is a weld xray tech. He xrays critical welds for pipelines and chemical companies or where ever welds need to be perfect. His deal is always wrapping gifts in duct tape and such. I got such an offering last Christmas.  This is his Christmas package, completed and armed. It will come with a warning sheet which I have to complete yet, however there is a partial list of defenses. Also, all the screw heads have been drilled out.

Known defenses:
Trapping skunk scent stink packet
Wrong screw removal knife stink packet opener
Electrical tampering hot wire stink packet opener

Anti-drill/saw/ foil lining, ground trip
Low battery trip (don't wait forever)
wrong wire removal trip
Photo diode trip (anti x-ray trip)
Screw heads drilled out to prevent removal

Unknown defenses ??: 8)

There are actually 3 gifts in there. But is it worth it?;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

btulloh

Diabolical indeed!

I bet that last elf that is eluding me is in there. 
HM126

Southside

Cut the blue wire - it always works on TV  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

K-Guy

Quote from: Southside on December 23, 2019, 01:00:00 PMCut the blue wire - it always works on TV  

And don't forget to tell Tammy " Hold my beer I'm going to try something!!"   :D  electricuted-smiley
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Jeff

This was a total success Joe is known for picking soneone every year and using up a whoke bunch of tape to wrap a present. Last year he chose me. Mistake! 8)

J.P. Christmas wrap. - YouTube

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Bricklayer51

luap

Surprised he didn't take it out to his work truck and take a picture with his work camera! oops see you had that covered.

Jeff

I even gave him 3 questions he could ask during the disarming. I must of had him hooked because the first thing I'd of ask was is it really booby trapped? He opted out of taking any help past what i gave him with the package.

Joe got me a new rod and reel for steelhead. He asked me to go sometime this last fall, and i told him i didnt have any gear, and had never steelhead fished before. Looks like ill be going someday soon.  Nice rod. St. Croix.

Nebraska

Hmm sounds like a keeper, waiting on daughter to get home, she's flying in from NY  bringing a boy back along with her.  Hope he's a keeper as well. 

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Nebraska on December 28, 2019, 08:35:59 PM
Hmm sounds like a keeper, waiting on daughter to get home, she's flying in from NY  bringing a boy back along with her.  Hope he's a keeper as well.
You gotta watch them dudes from NY, especially downstate. I are one, or was 35 years ago.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

So did he get Pepe Le Pue skunk-scented cologne for Christmas? ???
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Brad_bb

Put box on sawmill and slice it open.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Don't mess with the bull!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

olcowhand

Quote from: Jeff on December 28, 2019, 08:16:05 PM
I even gave him 3 questions he could ask during the disarming. I must of had him hooked because the first thing I'd of ask was is it really booby trapped? He opted out of taking any help past what i gave him with the package.

Joe got me a new rod and reel for steelhead. He asked me to go sometime this last fall, and i told him i didnt have any gear, and had never steelhead fished before. Looks like ill be going someday soon.  Nice rod. St. Croix.
Jeff,
Being a Michigan Boy like you, I think ("know") you will enjoy Stellheading. It's the most fun you can have with your waders on! I'm surprised you haven't been. The St Croix Rods are the top of the line (I don't own one, but they are the "Gold Standard"). Let me know if you head out to the west side of the state for an outing; I'll try to join you. I consider the "Big Five" rivers, all within an hour of my door- to be my home waters, but I'll fish spring Steelhead in a step- across crick on my way home from work, if there's fish in it....
Fall is a good time for Steelhead, but spring is the best. They come up the rivers to spawn, and the all good sized rivers are teaming with mature fish.. Try it; it's never too late to get the bug.
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

SwampDonkey

Be like fishing salmon. And once you hook into one your heart will be racing to get out of your chest. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!