iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

Magicman

But I didn't say anything.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

What's wrong with the seat that's on it!   ;)
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

I just got it broken in. Anyhow, I have no money for a new one, I can't even buy some new jeans Like Paul Case did. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YellowHammer

I'll chip in for a roll of duct tape for his seat! I got a quarter!  Who's with me? :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

4x4American

How do you know what ole Paul's got on for britches??  lol lol
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 4x4American on April 26, 2017, 10:27:57 PM
How do you know what ole Paul's got on for britches??  lol lol

He put up a pic of them with a big $$ belt on too.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Holy cow what's it pick on Paul night lol, must be you like him ifn you're pickin on em
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Oh lol lol lol I seem that pic, yea with the bungee cord for anbelt lol lol
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

I bet when he's sitting down the bungee is holding something on the mill. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

And I took the picture at a Chickin Crispin.  You are looking that the jeans and bungee, but I'm looking at that stuffed wallet!!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Hey Paul you missed a loop hey
Boy, back in my day..

paul case

The point of the bungee cord was to keep my pants up. That's good for me and youall too. I could no longer put up with a stiff leather belt that cut into my middle when i was sitting down a lot. That lil round cord didn't hurt at all. I don't mind getting a chuckle anyhow.

When I am working, I am built for comfort, not speed.

Arkansas leisure suit. Bibbs is where it is at man. Loose your waist line in nothing flat.

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Peter Drouin

Always good to work comfortable ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

paul case

That's me. I was built for comfort not speed.

PC
pc

Peter Drouin

Purlins,  :laugh: :laugh:

look a little big,
And more saw logs, Made a deal on the rest, with the logger.
More tomorrow.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

nativewolf

MM- I am just jealous of Paul's converted chicken house sawmill building not the belt or wallet.  He's the only man I know with no need for more buildings.  Wallet, well I have seen fatter.  But that chicken house for wood storage...that tops the list. 
Liking Walnut

4x4American

It's nice that you have tree coverage around so at least they aren't getting hammered by sun all day long.  My logs/lumber get some serious sun/wind exposure.  I would love to build a big wall to block out the sun and wind, and make the mexican gov't pay for it some how lol
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Quote from: paul case on April 27, 2017, 08:55:57 PM
That's me. I was built for comfort not speed.

PC

And as you get older the speedy thing goes down too.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 4x4American on April 27, 2017, 09:02:45 PM
It's nice that you have tree coverage around so at least they aren't getting hammered by sun all day long.  My logs/lumber get some serious sun/wind exposure.  I would love to build a big wall to block out the sun and wind, and make the mexican gov't pay for it some how lol

All winter cut, That's why I bought the rest of the logs. They will last a while. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

paul case

Quote from: nativewolf on April 27, 2017, 09:02:01 PM
MM- I am just jealous of Paul's converted chicken house sawmill building not the belt or wallet.  He's the only man I know with no need for more buildings.  Wallet, well I have seen fatter.  But that chicken house for wood storage...that tops the list.
That is a funny thing too. I sell all my lumber green. I just don't try to dry any of it, but I can store 2 TT loads of logs inside and very seldom do my gloves get wet from a cold wet slab. The one big drawback to the building is the door. 11'. My tie buyer says it is weird to come to my place and go inside to buy ties. I have had 2 1/2 TT loads of ties inside ready to go at one time.
It sure is nice to be able to saw in the ummm.... more like when it is raining.
If you was going to build one for sawmilling it would look different for sure, but I am just using what I have. The other 3 are full of hay and farm equipment.
PC
pc

4x4American

True, Paul I love your setup.  How come you don't make a bigger opening?
Boy, back in my day..

sandsawmill14

Quote from: paul case on April 27, 2017, 08:59:39 AM
The point of the bungee cord was to keep my pants up. That's good for me and youall too. I could no longer put up with a stiff leather belt that cut into my middle when i was sitting down a lot. That lil round cord didn't hurt at all. I don't mind getting a chuckle anyhow.

When I am working, I am built for comfort, not speed.

Arkansas leisure suit. Bibbs is where it is at man. Loose your waist line in nothing flat.

PC
paul bibs is what i was gonna recommend when i saw the bungee cord :) but it see you already figured that out :D its all i wear except for sundays to church ;)
peter looks like you should busy for a day or 2 8)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Bibs are work clothes.  Jeans e/w bungee are Sunday go to meeting clothes.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!