iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

For my boots,I've used hex head sheet metal screws when it gets real icy,not allowed in the house or metal roof.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

starmac

Good chains are not cheap, cheap chains are expensive though.
Most of us run trigs on our trucks around here, over 500 bucks for a set of three railers these days. X2 and that is a grand just for a truck, plus a single when you need it on the steer axle. Loaders, road graders, skidders, all go up accordingly from there.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Peter Drouin

Paul c, It's too cold up here for the sawdust to work like that. Most times it makes it worse.
Look at this way I will never have to buy more in my lifetime. And it chews the snow and ice well. I took a pix, don't know if you can see it, No slipping when I walk around the yard.

Now if I can find a pallet that won't slip off each other I would have something. 
2x8x16'   arg-smiley arg-smiley arg-smiley arg-smiley arg-smiley arg-smiley

The Cat dose help pick up the mess  ::)

Broke a bunch if stickers too.
After I Got the mess cleaned up I went to the farmers that likes my sawdust.
He fills my 1 ton with cow poooo. 3 loads  8)

Stuff is hot. ;D I have piles all over my place.
If WDH and the goat come to the North East get together, They can fill their pockets. :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

4x4American

Peter lol lol lol how much you charge a pocketful to a scallawag?

Hey what if you put snowmobile studs on the bottoms of your pallets?
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 4x4American on December 15, 2017, 07:50:04 PM
Peter lol lol lol how much you charge a pocketful to a scallawag?

Hey what if you put snowmobile studs on the bottoms of your pallets?

pocketfuls are free to scallawag. :D :D :D
Studs will mess up the lumber.
Does your cat have a joystick with a button to roll the bucket? I have on my cat and a button for the tilt, Side by side. I sometimes move the wrong one. yikes_smiley
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

I have a roller button but it's for the aux hydraulics on the loader.  The loader is a normal 4 way joystick plus that button.  The hoe controls are the same (pilot controls) and there is a button for the horn and a roller button for the extendahoe.  I think I would really dislike that roller button activating something substantial like the tilt.  There must be a way to change that I would think
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Once I get the hang of it, I'll be good,
The Cat man said He could speed up the roller button action. For me, it's fast enough.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

starmac

I suppose it is old school thinking, but I have never been a fan of switches for controls. Lately I have been running an old hood loader that is strictly hydraulic controls, everything on the joysticks, except for the foot swing, out riggers and live heel. The live heel being on a separate lever is something of a pain, but it is still nice to have a feel for the hydraulics.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Peter Drouin

Nothing wrong with old school, starmac.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

I always enjoy this thread.
A day in the life of A&P Sawmill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

I'm glad you like it cfarm.
In a way it's a story of how a man can go from a traveling sawer to having a sawmill business at home.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

This thread was the first one I read on the foresty forum and I read every page of it and it perspired me to join da forum.  It's all your fault Pete!
Boy, back in my day..

paul case

Ya way to go peter, attracting all dem 4x4's like Dug. :D

I too have enjoyed this thread and it is my daily go to along with watchya sawin. It is nice to see how the upper crust does it. Me? I am kinda white trash trailer park. ;D

Youall have got me thinking about your log/lumber moving kittens. Makes me want to paint my forklift blue and white and call it my smurf.
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Resonator

I've enjoyed reading every page posted and learned a lot, only problem is now I want a slab chipper, and a dump truck, and to build a bigger shed...
:)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Peter Drouin

Well, 4x4, My life has been, [It's all your fault pete]. Started when my school mates started getting married, I was the last one to get hitched. I kept the boys out too late.
smiley_big-grin2

Pual C, What upper crust thing, I started life with 0. ;D

Resonator, I got the chipper because I can sell chips easer than slabs.
I do sell some ½ cord bundled slabs for boiling Maple syrup in the spring,
Then chips for landscaping.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

paul case

I have no doubt that the reason you are on the north side of zero today is your work ethic. The world needs more folks that will work.

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

alanh

Always used to have to chain up the forklift to get it around the yard even with an inch of snow, was a real pita, last week I filled the solid tires up with the screw in studs the wackos put in their dirtbike tires, world of difference, doesnt get stuck on nothing any more,

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

paul case

Quote from: alanh on December 16, 2017, 02:30:34 PM
Always used to have to chain up the forklift to get it around the yard even with an inch of snow, was a real pita, last week I filled the solid tires up with the screw in studs the wackos put in their dirtbike tires, world of difference, doesnt get stuck on nothing any more,

I need to try that on my clark forklift as its tires are almost bald. Thanks alanh for that idea.

PC
pc

WDH

I figured that is all we would get if we come up there.  Just a bunch of poo  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

nativewolf

Quote from: paul case on December 16, 2017, 09:05:00 AM

I too have enjoyed this thread and it is my daily go to along with watchya sawin. It is nice to see how the upper crust does it. Me? I am kinda white trash trailer park. ;D

Youall have got me thinking about your log/lumber moving kittens. Makes me want to paint my forklift blue and white and call it my smurf.
PC

Well paul I am sure that even Peter and YellowHammer etc are jealous of your chicken house saw buildings, room to spare is a luxury! 
Liking Walnut

YellowHammer

Quote from: nativewolf on December 17, 2017, 07:40:12 AM
Quote from: paul case on December 16, 2017, 09:05:00 AM

PC

Well paul I am sure that even Peter and YellowHammer etc are jealous of your chicken house saw buildings, room to spare is a luxury!

smiley_thumbsup
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Peter Drouin

PC has a nice place, But, The red iron building that WDH and customsawer have are real nice, Any way all you guys in the south with all most flat roofs I'm jealous.
Up here your roof had better hold up a glacier and be 4' in the ground. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

paul case

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 17, 2017, 09:01:46 AM
The red iron building that WDH and customsawer have are real nice

x2
i am just a repurposer.
They built with purpose.
PC
pc

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!