iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

B-20 and Setworks...

Started by Samh200, January 31, 2011, 07:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samh200

Hello All... Been here for sometime now doing alot of reading and learning and I have to tell ya I have learned alot here.

I know this problem has been brought up alot but here goes.....

My problem is the setworks dont work. I have read alot here on the setwork and tryed a lot of the fixes still no go... my setworks comes on,  settings work fine inc, dec, prog, everything. but it will not read when I go up or down. I have no problem with it going up or down just the reading up and down.

I have done the trouble shooting thing from TK.
Cleaned my cord reel. Ground checked out good.
checked all conections, wires and plugs.
checked and cleaned reading sensor.

Any idea's....

Sammy

sgschwend

What happens when you turn your engines off?  Does it still not work?

I am guessing you may have engine generated noise problem.
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Samh200

It does the same thing with engine on or off.

sgschwend

Here is a similar posting it may help.  I think the repair for this mill was traced to connectors; they were not loose just couldn't keep good contact with the engine running.  The sawyer is a buddy of mine who lives in the same town.

"My setworks which is simillar to WM acuset has been giving me problems sent computer and harness back to timberking they said everything checked out it works fine when mill is off and hydralic motor is running but as soon as mill motor is running i lose digital readout acts like loose connection but i cant find it. they are saying its spark plug interference or loose pin conections. I think it is censor that counts teeth on sprocket but waranty has expired so ive been getting pretty comfortable using manual gauge. Anyone had these problems?"
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

redbeard

Here is some of the setworks problems i have had in the past, I had problems with the connections in control box they were snap connectors i just hard wired them together.Make sure the 4 pin plug connectors are getting good contact might have to use a Razor blade knife and spread the pins a little. Sounds like your sensor is not counting teeth, Try this if you haven't already Loosen up the gear reduction motor and clean sprocket really good then get your chain all adjusted snug not to tight and then tighten down motor bolts real good. Too much oil can interfere with sensor. Its important to get sensor dead center to sprocket teeth, bend mount so its lined up good with teeth and use credit card to get your spacing nice and close.(remember that sensor is delicate and exspensive don't knick it or mess with wire in back of it) If that dosen't do it go back to cord reel usually prime suspect.  The last setworks problem i had was a interference problem  it was on my Kohler gas engine It was a voltage regulator (I think thats the name) pic shows it.

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ladylake

With it not counting the numbers at al I'd send the sensor to TK to check it out, mine almost fell off once and it was still working.. Also if it was the cord reel it would just be eratic, work sometimes then goof up. Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Samh200

I have cleaned sprocket teeth and sensor. I have check all wiring with my meter. all seem to be ok. its almost like sensor bad...

Thank You Sponsors!