iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How to load a tractor excavotor into a dump truck

Started by CHARLIE, March 20, 2012, 12:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

redbeard

Thats a good operator. Although he might not get to far unless there are no overhead power lines in that county.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandhills

Charlie I saw a video of a guy climbing a backhoe like that on to the top of a coal rail car, then scooping the coal out with the backhoe.  They have a lot more confidence in their abilities than I ever would!

Magicman

I had to chuckle at both of those.   :D     smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CHARLIE

When I see stuff like this, I always think of the "First Time".  There is always the first time someone does something.  First, I think why? Was it out of necessity or just a challenge. How long did it take them to figure out the processes needed to accomplish the task?  Was their first attempt successful?  How did they even consider doing it? Were they sober? ;D 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Hilltop366

beenthere

The guy crossing the river may have been thinking "I'll pick the narrowest spot" but not aware that it likely is the deepest.
Years back our conservation club took on a project to erect fences along the scenic Sugar River south of Madison. The idea was to fence out cattle doing damage to the river and then making crossings where farmers could move their cattle across where needed.
Turned out the Army National Guard was looking for a place for weekend maneuvers and had a couple D-9 cat dozers so they volunteered to come help make the crossings and get the training. Training they did get!!
Picked the narrowest spot to cross the river with the big cat. Drove (or crawled) in off one bank, the blade pitched down into the river bottom and dug a big hole pushing river bottom ahead of the blade. Then the tracks dropped down in the hole that caused the cat to become a perfect fit to dam up the river. Up came the water quickly, flowing over the cat and the operator bailed.  The cat stayed there as the dam until they could collect the other D-9 cat to make a waterway for the river to flow around and then allow them to pull out the dam cat.
The NG was most embarrassed but they did get some valuable lessons out of making a huge mess to the river. But fortunately time heals those wounds quickly, just as it will with this video scene.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

I suspect that was all for show. Doubt they would be allowed to haul that hoe on that truck. Waay too much weight out the back end of that dump truck and most likely too high for travel even though that is only a 9 foot hoe.

However that method of loading or a variation is commonly used by some construction companies for speed in moving, even with a detachable lowboy trailer. They just drive up at an angle to the deck of the lowboy and set the bucket down on the deck. Then they raise the rear of the backhoe up with the stick and swing the entire backhoe over the deck and away they go. The key to that method is having a relatively level deck to set the loader bucket on to prevent the backhoe from flipping over when you raise the back wheels off the ground.

It's a relatively fast and easy way to load without going thru all the work to detach.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Chuck White

Definately good operators!

Hate to think of what would happen if a hydraulic line snapped.   :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

zopi

can dance them across ditches and up banks the same way...the thing that really makes it fun is a backhoe with an extensible outer boom....ohhh..I >want< one of those..with a hydraulic thumb.

there is a lake on the base at Damneck, which contains a D9 cat...it is maybe a quarter mile from the ocean...dude was trying to dig this lake with the cat..and the water rushed in under the sand so fast the op hd to climb on top of the dozer and ride the water up...apparently the cat sunk in the sand...oops...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Bibbyman

Quote from: sandhills on March 20, 2012, 01:57:59 AM
Charlie I saw a video of a guy climbing a backhoe like that on to the top of a coal rail car, then scooping the coal out with the backhoe.  They have a lot more confidence in their abilities than I ever would!

I seen that one also.

There was a guy around here that would hang the bucket over the tailgate of his dump truck and lift the front wheels off the ground and away he'd go.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

westyswoods

I agree they are good operators. That is about all I can say as it sure as hell leaves a lot to go wrong. Easy enough to get killed or injured without doing this type of stuff

Westy
Stay Safe and Be Healthy
Westy

thecfarm

I saw that too Bibbyman,but that was about 40 years ago. Have not seen it sense.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!