iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Im not a stone mason

Started by Jeff, October 23, 2021, 10:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

And well, this aint really stone masonry,  but I think I did okay.  Those boxes of stone had been sitting on the screen porch for so long, the boxes rotted off of them. The scratch coat prep behind the stove shows up in pictures from over 20 years ago.

I had enough of moving that stone, so did the right thing, and instead of mortar, I bought 12 tubes of gorrila construction adhesive.   Got one left, and one whole stone!

This cultured stone has a set pattern to go togther, so again I did the right thing and paid no attention to that since a pile of them were broken.  Ill include a pic of that from one of the surviving boxes. The boxes are dated 2013, so thats how long they were out there.

Tammy and I now have a new game. Identify the critters and forms in the stone!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doc henderson

looks natural and great.  in the one pic, it really looks like a deer head!   ;) :D  :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

CCCLLC

Yes, that is a good look. Great job.

SwampDonkey

You did real good. I'm with Doc, I'm sure I saw a deer in the wall. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

trimguy

Tom King

I am a stone mason, and it looks great to me!!!

WDH

The deer that I see has big ears.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Southside

That looks awesome. No repeating pattern could have come out that nice. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SawyerTed

Very nice!  I believe you are better than a stone mason to have made that turn out so good with very little experience!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Jeff

I didn't feel like I was laying stone. I felt like I was creating a mosaic. There is very little computive areas left in my brain that work normally, but the creative parts still fire uon occasion.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Resonator

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

21incher

Excellent job. Title  should  be
I should have been a stone mason  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Don P

That looks great. My partner is pressure washing rocks this week and moving them to the wall, come on down  ;D

Jeff

I do have some experience with real rock. I built a split stone retaining wall at the front entrance of the house when I was in my early twenties. I tore it down a few years ago after pete died. I recognized that it was going to make entry and exit of the house very tough if one of us was to get sick like pete did, so, tore it out and built was is there now. With that project, i had a lot of unused broken stone. This one, one whole chunk and some pieces was all that was left and no sledge hammer required! 

I didnt make a video on this job. I just buried myself in it. I thought about it, but I was enjoying the work to much. Really. :)

My other stone work being dismantled.

Moving our stone wall - YouTube

Jeff

Jeff

Picture coming. My upload here is now nil. Takes 5 minutes to jst post

bannerd

looks like the wood stove has a set of teeth.

Jeff

It"s actually gas, but im looking for a woodstove! Brandon done screwed up even our reasonable propane prices, and if they shut down line 5, it may become what ever unobtainable costs a gallon. I'm working towards eventual offgrid possibilities here.

Silverback Gorrila head looking right.  :)

jb616

Welcome to the "I'm not a...."  series by @Jeff  8) but he is a master of some...

jb616

Quote from: Jeff on October 25, 2021, 11:10:58 AM
It"s actually gas, but im looking for a woodstove! Brandon done screwed up even our reasonable propane prices, and if they shut down line 5, it may become what ever unobtainable costs a gallon. I'm working towards eventual offgrid possibilities here.

Silverback Gorrila head looking right.  :)

Almost missed that...Let's go Brandon :) delete if not allowed :D

Thank You Sponsors!