iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Im not a sign maker.

Started by Jeff, October 25, 2021, 08:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

But I made a sign yesterday. Used a barrel lid, an old board, a scrap of plywood, and a vizio quick connect instruction sheet out of a tv box to cut a free hand tree template. Even found a blade in the tool box for the 200 yr old craftsman jigsaw. I also added a solar light we had here. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mike_belben

Looks good, was the jigsaw steam or waterwheel?   ;D
Praise The Lord

Jeff

Ungrounded full metal jacket!

samandothers

Very nicely done! It's very bear! ;D

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Percy

Nice sign. smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup Are you putting some text on it eventually?
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Magicman

I like it.  Yes Sir I Really Do !!!    8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don P

Quote from: Jeff on October 25, 2021, 09:03:23 AM
Ungrounded full metal jacket!
Those neurons are firing right on time, very nice. I have a few of Dad's old shock therapy tools. Its one place I like the plasticky stuff, they seem happy on the shelf  :D.

HemlockKing

Look good, you could get those solar spot lights that stick into the ground and point them at the sign for night time? Edit:nvm I just looked again and see one on top of the post! Well done.
A1

Jeff

Yea, it has to be in the post, and on a bad winter, that aint enough. Ive seen those gate posts completly disappear!

@Percy, I don't have plans on adding text, butcha never know. :)

doc henderson

that is great.  so you will know when you are home.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

newoodguy78

Looks like it belongs there nice job 

Jeff

So y'all know where to turn in when you come visit. :)

Bert

Looks great! Pretty sure I have that same jigsaw. :D Cut out the corners of a counter top a few months ago to put in a sink and I was holding it very loosely as the metal case started to heat up. The anticipation of getting zapped was strong but fortunately never happened. 
Saw you tomorrow!

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Jeff on October 25, 2021, 11:21:27 AM
So y'all know where to turn in when you come visit. :)
Did you notice what he did there?  When coming down the road, the first bear you come to tell you which way to bear (turn).  From the left, bear left.  From the right, bear right... :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SawyerTed

Very Nice!  Those creative vibes are good!

What no stone?  :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

trimguy

Resonator

That will make the driveway noticeable! smiley_thumbsup

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Jeff

Quote from: SawyerTed on October 25, 2021, 03:48:37 PMWhat no stone?  :D
Awe man, now look what you went and started!

SwampDonkey

Nice sign. ;D

Gotta keep up with us east coasters in the far northeast with them rock piles. Never gonna get rid of them, so put them to good use. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SawyerTed

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

bannerd

Jeff

@SawyerTed  Howbouta back rub?

Now I gotta shovel up some dirt to fill it

SawyerTed

Jeff!  Jeff!  Jeff!  All I can say is you deserve a back rub!  I faxed one to you!  :D

That's a lot of work and looks great!  And you said you aren't a stone mason! :D

Old Greenhorn

Ted, I think meant to say he is not a "Stoned Mason' obviously he does pretty good with stone, either flat or round. Please don't make any more suggestions, or the next thing you know he will have ashlar powered pump with a fountain and alternating light colors at night, some fish, and maybe some guy with a sandwich board and big foam rubber hat.
Nicely done (again) Jeff. Let us know how many folks pull into your drive thinking you are running a high end spa or restaurant.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!