iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

replacement for stolen stihl

Started by roya, August 04, 2014, 12:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roya

Hi
   Just looking for suggestions for a replacement for a chainsaw that was stolen?  It was a 1992 stihl 066 mag  36" rollomatic bar, chisel tooth chain. Saw had approx 60hrs on it. Yes it had the "red eye" feature. This is one of 5 chainsaws that disappeared...
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Roy

mad murdock

First off roya, welcome to the Forestry Forum. Too bad about the loss of your saws. It is a real kick in the gut when something like that happens. I would suggest keeping a close watch on craigslist in your area. Your stolen property may very well resurface on there, or ebay. Criminals really are t all that bright IMO. If you are unable to recover your saw(sounds like it was a nice specimen), I would look at a used saw, unless you are depending on it for your bread and butter. Update your profile and let others on the forum know where you are, maybe we can all lend a hand and keep a lookout for your saw. Give us an idea what you are doing with your saws, type of cutting etc. maybe there is a better fit for what you are doing over what you lost?  A direct replacement would obviously be a saw in the 80-95 cc class. As far as new you only have a couple choices. Used, quite a few more.  Saws in that class generally were all good, IMO. Some of my first pics would be McCulloch SP81E or variant(PM800/805), Sachs Dolmar 133, Husky 181/281, Poulan Pro 655, etc. you get the picture. A lot more to choose from. Having an idea of your intended use, would help a guy home in on a particular model and size of saw. I hope you are able to recover your loss.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

thecfarm

roya,welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your troubles.  >:(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnG28

Sorry for your loss, that's a tough saw to replace.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Thank You Sponsors!