iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log loading trailer

Started by Warznorth, May 06, 2006, 12:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warznorth

This thread will probably get shut down, if so I am sorry for the posting

Im looking for comments or suggestions on this design.

EDITED

jpgreen

Looks like a daisy to me..  8)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Jeff

No your not, you are trying to advertise again on the sawmilling board otherwise you would have not also listed your unproven plans for sale on the for sale board.  You dont look for suggestions to improve a design after you have it listed for sale, you do it before. Thats also why you stated the thread would not stand because you knew full well what you were trying to do and that the administrators here are not stupid.

I went back to our woodshed and deleted posts that had been moved there that belong to you from the past two years, mostly all of the same nature as this one. All trying to find ways to advertise unproven plans for sale to our members or invite them away to your chat room or such. Funny thing, by the time I deleted the woodshed posts, that doesn't  leave you but with a handful of posts, not even enough posts to see the new topic buttons in the commerce section.

Unbuilt, unproven, untested plans with zero track record for safety testing is something I would never ever consider offering to our valuable members.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jpgreen

Hmmm... I didn't realize he was the one that was selling the plans.

YOU upset the wizard...  :D

jpgreen

Oops...

I'm getting emails on this.  Just to clarify- Jeff was reffering to this "log loading" plan guy Warznorth trying to hawk his (unproven) plans and advertise for free here on the FF, and he was not refering to me.

I am a paying customer..  ;D

twobears

i have 1000,s of hours running a log loader(many diffrent brands and sizes) and after looking those plans over they look down right dangerous to me plus,there no doubt unproven.
i,de like to see him build one and TRY!!! running it.. ::)

delbert

Jeff

Yep, jpgreen is a card carrying Forestry Forum Member Sponsor. He has a link on the front page of the Forestry Forum for his gripper dogs right under the image below along with the rest of our small business member sponsors.  :)

Carl's Custom Sawing

ERI Quality Imaging Equipment

Eastern Red Cedar Products LLC

Finca Leola-Reforestation

GripperDog Log Dogs

Old Dixie Wood Works

Hawaiian Koa and
Mango Tonewoods

Hickory&Oak Custom Sawmilling, LLC

Costa Rican Coffee

Powers Hardwoods

RCB & Associates, LLC

Rust Reaper

Staples Forestry

Stumpy's Wood Works

www.swingmills.com

Windy Hill Log Works
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

alwaysoily

I guess they let anyone in at Ebay. Just posted this to let buyer beware!   LINK

getoverit

the disclaimer at the bottom of that linkshould scare the heck out of you:
------------------------------
Disclaimer: Builditplans does not guarantee success or accept liability for losses as a result of following the Plans, design is not ENG certified or safety tested, build at your own risk.
-------------------------------

If that don't scare ya, nothing will  exclaim_smiley

By the way, speaking of sponsors:

I'm also one of those card carrying contributing sponsors of the Forestry Forum. You really ought to consider advertising your business and let the world know what you can do by being a sponsor.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

jpgreen

Goes to show you anyone with a computer and a CAD program ...

Or an illegal with Photo Shop... :D

Grappletractor

I made the mistake of purchasing his band mill plan a year or so ago, TOTAL waste of money. All this guy does is dream of crap on his computer, never actually builds any of it  ::)

Radar67

That sounds like some of the architects I've dealt with before.  :-\

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Dale Hatfield

This isnt the first Forum that he has tried this on.
He has made attempts at the carving forum to raise his ratings. as well as prey off of other carvers that have higer web page visits to link on his site .

Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

woodbowl

Quote from: Grappletractor on May 07, 2006, 06:23:27 PM
I made the mistake of purchasing his band mill plan a year or so ago, TOTAL waste of money. All this guy does is dream of crap on his computer, never actually builds any of it  ::)

This is a real bummer that someone would do this. I almost bought his log grapple trailer plans on ebay. I would like to know how he came to the conclusion that his drawings will even work. Did he copy Majico or Blue Ox, or did he guess at the pivot locations, cylinder size, pump and motor size?

I want to build a homemade loader trailer, but these locatoin points are critical. If I sink thousands of dollars into a project of my own invention that's one thing, but if I'm following a drafted set of plans ............  >:( 

Does anyone know where to get a proven set of plans to build a grapple trailer?

I'm following this topic also  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=22283.msg316075#msg316075
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

SawDust_Studios

Jeff,

Can I post the formula for my handy-dandy-sawmill potion.  You pour it over any log and it quickly turns into rough sawn lumber?  :D

Not for use with hardwoods, softwoods, or any real woods at all. Do not ingest.  If you do, don't call the poison control, you likely won't make it to the phone in time.  May work well on toothpicks. Warranty void if used outdoors.
Making Sawdust on a Woodmizer LT40SHD CAT 51 /WM Twin Blade Edger and WM DH Kiln

JimBuis

"...work well on toothpicks."??  Come on now!!  What about plastic toothpicks? ???  I bet it won't work on them!!  :D :D

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

jpgreen

The guy autta be hung out to dry hawking those BS plans. It would be different if he had actually built one, and pictures with documented performance.

I can spend an evening and draw some slick plans too..  ::) >:(

Thank You Sponsors!