iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lucas blades

Started by clairmont, December 17, 2013, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clairmont

hi does anyone know the quality of the blades from carbide processor[175$ for the 22"]

Grandedog

Howdy,
   We can supply you with a OEM Lucas blade for $195.00. Even Andrew Jackson would agree that it's better to be safe than sorry.
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

sigidi

Quote from: Grandedog on December 18, 2013, 04:12:53 PM
     Howdy,
   We can supply you with a OEM Lucas blade for $195.00. Even Andrew Jackson would agree that it's better to be safe than sorry.
Regards
Gregg

Gregg, who is Andrew Jackson?

Personally, given the idea I'm walking behind the blade all day, I wouldn't be keen on 'testing' how good an after market blade is. Sure maybe an after market oil filter, maybe even change brands of spark plug, messing around with an unknown blade ???
Always willing to help - Allan

Grandedog

Howdy,
   Andrew Jackson would be the US equivalent to (depending on the exchange rate) the Australians Charles Kingsford Smith, Lawrence Hargrave, Mary Reibey, and John Flynn.
   They are all people who ended up on a twenty dollar bill.
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

sigidi

Quote from: Grandedog on December 18, 2013, 04:53:15 PM
Howdy,
   Andrew Jackson would be the US equivalent to (depending on the exchange rate) the Australians Charles Kingsford Smith, Lawrence Hargrave, Mary Reibey, and John Flynn.
   They are all people who ended up on a twenty dollar bill.
Regards
Gregg

Ahah,  I remember Kingsford smith and Hargrave being on the paper 20's when I first came to Aus, but when they went to plastic money it was changed to Mary Reibey and John Flynn - now our current 20's.

Isn't that funny, I had to look them all up, down here no-one really 'recognises' or refers to the people on the bills. I know over there, you hear in the movies stuff like "Would Benjamin Franklin know?" while he waves a bill at a chap he wants to find out some info from, that kind of thing, but yeah down here its just a 20, a 50 that kind of thing.

Nomad

I wouldn't want to be standing behind an unknown and untrusted blade either.  Especially in the horizontal upper cuts on a 5' log!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Seaman

You will not find better service than LCS, personal experience !
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

tjhammer

their are several good saw manufactures here in the states I have never heard of a blade coming apart your saw is only as good as the bolts that hold it on,I have 3 different saws including a lucas they all are good saws it depends on the rpm your saw turns,the lucas turns higher rpm then my saw and I had to have it hammered for my rpm befor it sawed right,if I do my job the saw will saw within 1/16 on the lumber I saw
tj
hammer

sigidi

TJ, one problem to note with aftermarket blades is the countersink in the blade for the bolt head, if this isn't the right spec the blade may bolt on ok and spin fine, but as it cuts timber this may lead to the heads pulling through the blade and then serious problems.

For other kind of circle saws, where the operator isn't within 8-10" of the blade all day directly inline with it - Like Nomad said, wouldn't want to be pushing one through the top of a 5 foot log other manufacturers saws may be totally fine.

Like you said the blade is part of the machine that a fella operates and despite the make of the blade an operatorshould be able to get the same kind of results

Thank You Sponsors!