iDRY Vacuum Kilns

database error massage

Started by Fire in the hole, January 29, 2024, 04:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

What is @lurk? Is that software or something or less pleasant reply to something I did wrong?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Lurk is our member that is also a smf support guy. He is trying to help us on this.

Why are you having more problems than everyone else? Not that everyone is not having issues we are.

Posting form a phone? Tablet? pc?
did you LOG OUT before you went and deleted all old cache AND cookies?

Are you coming back by typign the address or clickign on an old bookmark or browser prom[t?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Typing reply from Dell laptop. If I knew why I was having more problems I'd fix the problem. Suggestion? See reply 21.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

When I try to make a post I go to the board, then thread, open it, click on reply and post if that is what you were asking.
Howard Green

Jeff

You never said you logged out first. Make sure you do that. Then close out. Obly suggestionI have at thos moment. As I said,I am trying. We have 2 member driven topics in the technical support area trying to sort all this out. Im a millrat not a server admin. Im about to have a stroke

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 31, 2024, 09:49:30 AMTried photo copy and paste from folder on PC and get message file too large. Same size jpg been posting for years.

This one I think I can help you with Howard.
The old system would automatically re-size your photo when you put it in your gallery to keep the overall file sizes down. You didn't know about, or even see this, it just happened. The new system will not do this for you, so you have to re-size your photos before uploading them. The photo size has to be under 2MB for each photo with a combined max of about 9somethingMB for the post. There is a running counter in the bottom of that frame you can watch.
Also, I have not tried 'copy and paste' with photos, I just drag them right into that window. It's a new world and we are all trying to figure out the rules to get along. We will get there.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 31, 2024, 09:47:54 AMUsing Dell laptop. Deleted cookies, history, passwords and shut off and re-opened.

I log off the Forum every time I enter exit - now. I used to stay logged on. If there are other files I need to delete I don't know what/where they are. It's hard being a dinosaur but someone has to do it. ::)
Howard Green

Old Greenhorn

Howard, did you read my reply to you (#31)? this should help you understand the new process a bit better.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

lurk

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 31, 2024, 09:53:03 AMWhat is @lurk? Is that software or something or less pleasant reply to something I did wrong?

Tis me, I am lurk.
My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

mudfarmer

Last night I had the same database error trouble, although it didn't give me a free massage.

That was on very old android phone running chrome browser. Laptop with firefox had no troubles and seems to still have no trouble. I will try the phone again later today.

WV Sawmiller

Tom, I read and hit like. I'll try when can post more than one line. I got DB error here when I added 2nd line.
Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

I wonder if hitting the enter key for new line is a factor?
Howard Green

Jeff

Quote from: lurk on January 31, 2024, 11:19:42 AM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 31, 2024, 09:53:03 AMWhat is @lurk? Is that software or something or less pleasant reply to something I did wrong?

Tis me, I am lurk.

Sir Lurksalot!  We will knight him when this is over.

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on January 31, 2024, 12:04:10 PMSir Lurksalot!  We will knight him when this is over.

You'll probably throttle me before this is over. I can only apologise for the time its taking.
My FF Gallery

Jeff

No way, and I know every member here appreciates this effort. Honestly, I do not know where we would be.

Jeff

I am not experiencing any errors anywhere when I use the desktop computer. Its only mobile I get them, and not very often.

YellowHammer

I get the error on my MacBook, M5, on message of any length.
Incorrect string value: '\xC2 ...' for column 'body' at row 1
File: /home/forestryforum4/public_html/board/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1897
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

YellowHammer

Oddly, once I got the error, I wasn't able to reply or modify my previous reply, either long or short, without exiting entirely, logging back in, and typing this I f this is getting though.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Magicman

I tried to reply to Jeff's "NIghtmare" topic this morning and kept getting the "db" error.  After multiple attempts, I finally abandoned the reply.  That is my only recent bad experience and I chalk it up to a "whatever" that needs no investigation.  It was two paragraphs long but that does not even compare to some of OGH's replies.  ;)   

I am always on a Mac laptop.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lurk

Quote from: Magicman on January 31, 2024, 01:04:25 PMI tried to reply to Jeff's "NIghtmare" topic this morning and kept getting the "db" error.  After multiple attempts, I finally abandoned the reply.  That is my only recent bad experience and I chalk it up to a "whatever" that needs no investigation.  It was two paragraphs long but that does not even compare to some of OGH's replies.  ;)   

I am always on a Mac laptop.

Perhaps try it again.
My FF Gallery

Magicman

Thanks, but my mind is such that I can only write something once and then "my" database is empty.  Actually I had copied it thinking that if there was a failure I could paste, but that did not work either.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I'm real sensitive and live in fear of rejection so repeating and getting another db fail traumatizes me.
Howard Green

Jeff

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 31, 2024, 01:25:04 PMI'm real sensitive and live in fear of rejection so repeating and getting another db fail traumatizes me.

Good *DanG thing you aint in my shoes today

WV Sawmiller

Maybe we both need to go back to selling lady's shoes. :)
Howard Green

Firewoodjoe