iDRY Vacuum Kilns

technical issues with the new server.

Started by doc henderson, January 30, 2024, 08:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Test post: Smiles and strike through formatting on a word.

Result: Failed to post, got the database error.

Follow up post:

FF smiles removed. Strike through formatting removed.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

Is anybody else getting non-forum related pop-up ads? They are like whack a mole here. Driving me nuts. Google ads?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

beenthere

May be the new forum after changes.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

21incher

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on February 01, 2024, 04:30:19 PMIs anybody else getting non-forum related pop-up ads? They are like whack a mole here. Driving me nuts. Google ads?
Yes. Somebody has to pay for the upgrades and future proofing. Just like all other forums now. I bet Jeff can offer a monthly subscription to remove them someday like YouTube does.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Old Greenhorn

I doubt the FF gets a penny from these. SO I am not the only one seeing them?
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

SwampDonkey

Haven't seen any ads here, but I use Brave web browser, which stops ads. I don't even hear Spotify ads.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

Wlmedley

Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Nobohdy

There will be some ads once we get everything hammered out. Remember the big white spots before the migration? Those would have been ads had google adsense worked correctly. We have instead partnered with a company who shares our vision, and knows what the forestry forum means and stands for. It won't be inundated with ads, like some websites, and if there is anything ad-wise or layout wise that we feel is detrimental to our members or the forum itself, they will happily and quickly work with us to remedy the situation to one that works for everyone. We have asked them to hold off on implementing them fully until we get the kinks worked out and running smoothly, but they will be doing a little modifying the next couple days to get their code implemented and ready to turn on when we give them the green light. So some of you very well may see some ads the next couple days. The company is Monumetric if anyone would like to vet them. The guys working with us, know how important the forum is to all of you and us, and the integrity it has kept for over 20 years and will maintain. We have decided that possibly having to close a few ads from time to time is a very small inconvenience for the forum to keep operating and evolving moving forward and keeping the spirit and soul of what has made the Forestry Forum the great community that we have all come to love and enjoy.

Old Greenhorn

Thanks all, that was the clue I needed. Found it was an 'upgrade' in the new version of chrome. I think I fixed it...maybe.

21incher

I am getting some today. Bottom of the page and not intrusive like other forums.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Old Greenhorn

I don't mind a few ads if they benefit the FF. But these I am (still) getting are obnoxious, flopping down all over. Not fixed yet, but it's on my end, I guess.

21incher

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on February 01, 2024, 05:42:18 PMI don't mind a few ads if they benefit the FF. But these I am (still) getting are obnoxious, flopping down all over. Not fixed yet, but it's on my end, I guess.
I just got one for Bloomberg store. I click them to give the Forestry forum credit and then close the window.
Now lipstick has appeared. Guess that's for my pig.

Don P

When I was in my 20's I had a couple of wisdom teeth pulled. They gave me IV valium and sent me home with instructions to lay low. I was young and feeling no pain, and the state fair was going on. Off we went. I was killing it on the whack a mole... and I noticed the crowd gathering around. The mole would pop up, the mole would go down, and then I'd bring the hammer around. I'm not sure how much I spent but I was a star to the cheering admirers gathered around :D.

Nobohdy

Skee-ball was my go to fair game. I actually was banned from playing at a few of the area fairs. Evidently they did not appreciate the skill it took to win their largest prizes after only spending $1 Go figure.  ;D

Nobohdy

Tomorrow at some point you may see a new Admin around and about. He is being brought in to chase down and squash all those annoying bugs that have been running around here since the server move. He's a database expert who does this kind of stuff for a living, so the forum will be in good hands!

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

WV Sawmiller

I attempted to add a new album for 2024 in My Gallery. I selected the create new album, typed in the name and clicked the OK button and the little progress wheel just kept spinning but never added the new album. I let it run 4-5 minutes or more. Am I doing something wrong? Please advise how to add a new album. Thanks.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

I can tell you, currently, I do not know. I ran up to the cabin with harold, and the internet connection here is just a little worse than really sucks. Maybe I can call for insight. ( HEY @lurk) ffsmiley
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

@lurk 

Did you get a chance to look at this? I just tried adding another album to my Gallery and everything seems to work fine except when I click the OK to add the new album the progress clock just spins and never adds the new album. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

I suspect Mick has been very busy catching up in his own stuff after taking out so much time for us to get stable, and I have not looked at it either as I needed a breath.

lurk

I just had a quick look and it does the same thing for me.  There' is a update waiting to be installed, but the reason I haven't run this is because it will remove any custom edits made by the ad company, and by Jeff, such as logo etc.

As a first step I would recommend running that update, this will in effect re-upgrade the gallery.  No guarantee that it will fix the issue, it could still be a plugin or something in the database. But it's a starting point.

My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 15, 2024, 07:13:12 PMI suspect Mick has been very busy catching up in his own stuff after taking out so much time for us to get stable, and I have not looked at it either as I needed a breath.

I was Jeff.  Trying to come up with a new colour scheme for my site, but after a lot of messing about with various colours got to a stage where something didn't look right.  So reverted everything and will return to it at some point.
My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

Jeff

@lurk, whenI get home later today I will contact the ad conpany, but I have my suspicions what this may be. Like every thing in our board directory was found, permissions not correct. I suspect the albums directories have either improper ownership or write permissions.