iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please recommend a screenhouse

Started by sprucebunny, July 16, 2008, 07:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

Most years I buy a cheap one. Sometimes they make it thru the summer and sometimes they don't.
Last year I paid $120 ( almost 3X as much) and it collapsed in 3 weeks ... I don't know if moose stomp them  :D or heavy rain overwhelms them.

What kind do you have ??? How long have you had it? How long to assemble ?

Thanks  :)

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Don_Papenburg

SB , why not build a good gazebo and put real screens on it .  I just ordered a 4'x100' roll of 304 ss  screen 18or 20 mesh .  This is smaller holes that most fiberglass screening that you get at the hardware store.  It runs about $900.00 .  You can get 409 cheaper  or mild steel a lot cheeper .  I would not use aluminum or fiberglass anymore  ,that stuff does not last.  I ordered from  Mcnichols company.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Sprucegum

I buy cheap ones too , and the Dang bears walk right through them  ::)  ::)
Since I bought one of those foggers for killing the skeeters and flies we don't even bother with a screen. Now we have an open-sided gazebo with a canvas top in case of rain = $200.00 cost / about 1/2 hour setup.

isawlogs

Joan, I have a Spalding gazebo, it is big enough to have a picnic table and a BBQ inside . It has three screened doors , six sides all screened , it also has a double roof to keep the heat down some . I only ever used it but two or three times , but it is very sturdy and big ennoigh to move around in even with the table in there .  :)
  I also have the hand made versun that you know of .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

We have a nice one.Paid around $3-400 I think.It's the kind that has thin gauge metal panels.The screens can be replaced when they get holes in them.Kinda the same same design as a window screen.But the vinyl roofs will go to pieces in 5 years.The roofs don't last on them things.We've had about about 6 years and I can see small holes in the roof.I need to build one out of wood too.That's what my wife tells me every year.Takes awhile to get it set up.An hour and at least 2 people is best.It folds up into a box 7 feet by 4 feet and maybe 2 feet deep.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!