iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cleaning feeding rollers of twin edger

Started by MobileSawMilSlo, November 18, 2019, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MobileSawMilSlo

Hi guys.

What do you suggest for cleaning feeding rollers of twin edger, so that sawmill dust will not stick on it?
Because when the rollers are full of dust then the boards a little bit bowed like ")". 
ATF? Diesel? 

Thank you in advanced.

Woodmizer LT20 mobile and TTP-600 Premium Plus
DAJK - all sawing equipment in one place

47sawdust

I'm not sure a solvent would work,might break down the "rubber" cover.I used a fine wire brush on mine.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Mad Professor

Not sure of the makeup of your system? What solvents are compatible?

I worked in a commercial mill. Whenever we were doing white pine and the mill stopped for sharpening etc...., we sprayed the rollers with diesel fuel.  We had a 2-3 gal hand pump sprayer, ~ $20 at TSC.

And I was the "edger", so I know what happens when the rollers get gunked up, and the boards come out shaped like bananas...

Southside

I buy WD-40 in gallon jugs and have a garden hand sprayer I use to dispense it. The stuff will melt pine pitch right off of the rollers on the edger and moulder. Just a misting is all you need, let it sit for a minute then wipe or brush the surface off and it's clean as new.

On my moulder I follow up with some acetone to make sure I don't leave any residue on the finished product which could affect any stain/poly the customer might apply. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!