iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lubrication

Started by Shawn, February 26, 2006, 11:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I've thought about it a time or two but only had gum on the outside a couple of times in lots of years.  The reason was having done a really poor job of setting my blades.  There are commercial systems that lube both sides and I'm sure it doesn't hurt.

It would be easy to do by dripping the lube on the outside of the band at the top of the bandwheel.  Most of it would probably get slung off without a pad of some sort to apply it.

Russ

Hudson puts the lube before the guide on the entry side of the log on the inside of the blade. If you use water, flooding it may clean the log alittle and help with friction. The pitch build up on the inside of the blade will change the adjustment.

kelLOGg

I modified my lube system to apply lubricant (diesel) via a felt pad to both sides of the blade AND at entry and exit of the blade. I did this in response to extreme buildup when sawing old heart pine.  >:(. I've not sawn such pine since so I can't say it solved the problem but if doesn't I don't know what will.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Thank You Sponsors!