iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

black cherry log

Started by futureforester, June 09, 2013, 11:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Your 12" cherries up there are more worth cutting than our 12" cherries down here. It ought to hold together better during the drying process. Around here, 12" is a pallet cherry log to me, because I can't get anything smaller than about 14" to behave when it dries. The more northern specimens seem to do better. So go find you someone to mill it for you.

It doesn't have any nails in it, does it?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WDH on June 10, 2013, 07:49:06 PM
To Whom it May Concern.

I LOVE CHERRY.

Does your wife know???

If not, I wouldn't be blabbing it on here!  :D

BTW, what is Cherry's last name?

Herb

rooster 58

Cherry, cherry, cherry. The woods around here is full of it. Yawn, yawn, yawn :D :D :D

WDH

Herb,

Her name is Serotina.  Isn't that pretty  ???  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dave Shepard

Well, prettier than Prunus. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

WDH,

I must agree. And with Dave also...

Herb

GDinMaine

Quote from: futureforester on June 10, 2013, 09:17:10 PM
Thanks for all the input guys!!!!,really helps me get an idea about use for this type of wood.i will look for a sawyer and bring the wood in to shop class to make into something!thanks!!
Looking forward to asking u guys more questions

Hey Futureforester,
I like that idea.  Be sure to take some pictures of the process and post them.  People here love to see project like that. 
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Thank You Sponsors!