iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pete's moving along

Started by Peter Drouin, August 12, 2023, 07:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Tinfoil balls, ???  That's a new one for me. I don't think Ann did that. A slow cooker is a good idea. Just have to try different things I guess. I'll work on that this winter. I'm a man that puts everything in a frying pan. Been times when I eat right out of the frying pan too. ;) Keeps the food hot for a long time while I'm reading stuff on here. ;D Ham and beans is a good one.
Just trying to put more veg in my meals is all.
A good woman is Hard to replace. :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Southside

Iron Skillet Restaurant does exactly that. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

Pete, not sure if you are wanting to do this, but if you make a good stew, and get some storage stuff, you can divvy it up and freeze it.  this is so if you make a big crock pot full of it, you do not have to eat the same thing for 3 days.  I make a "construction stew".  I brown whatever meat is in the fridge.  maybe a couple of steaks and a couple pounds of ground beef.  it can be whatever you want.  I add some chicken or beef broth or just add water and the powder or cubes of broth.  I add some onions and carrots and potatoes.  I then add a bag of frozen California mix to add broccoli and cauliflower.  My brother made this when on the road doing road construction.  Salt and pepper and other stuff to taste.  sorry if this is vague.  this was usually made at the end of the weak to feed guys while watching a game ect.  the key to making large amounts to eat later is getting containers.  We also save all the stuff that Olive Garden comes in.  We have a basket in the pantry full of varying sizes of containers with lids to choose from as needed.  you can cook on whatever day you want and have food the rest of the week to warm in the microwave.  reuse the containers.  just a thought.

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

red

The biggest thing I learned about crockpot stews was the Holy Trinity . . carrots ,  onions. ,  celery 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

SwampDonkey

Love a good roast from a crock pot, don't even have to chew it. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

GAB

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 04, 2023, 06:38:16 AM
A good woman is Hard to replace. :D ;)
Especially one that will help you get rid of the evidence.
I've got a long ways to go to be a fair cook.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

GAB.

Here is one you may want to show Mike. ;)

Larry's barn burned down, and his wife, Susan, called the insurance company.
Susan spoke to the insurance agent and said, "We had that barn insured for fifty thousand dollars, and I want my money."
The agent replied, "Whoa there, just a minute. Insurance doesn't work quite like that. An independent adjuster will assess the value of what was insured, and then we'll provide you with a new barn of similar worth."
There was a long pause, and then Susan replied, "If that's how it works, then I want to cancel the life insurance policy on my husband."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mike_belben

Im sorry youve had the blues pete, being alone when you arent built for it just plain sucks.  i wish i had a solution for ya other than waiting on the Lord.

Pretty good chance your numbness is peripheral neuropathy from high blood sugar.  Same thing that likely caused your clots, your brain fog, depression, high blood pressure and so forth.  If you suffer from gout, cataracts, shaky hands or tremors would kinda also suggest insulin issues, which can be reversed.  Be happy to BS with ya on it sometime if ya like.  God bless
Praise The Lord

Stephen1

Pete another method of better eating is  the meal delivery companies. We have used them on and off over the years. You pick the Meals and they send you all the ingredients with instructions, all measured out and you prepare the meal, takes a few minutes and you really end of with some really good meals. It is great for households with 1 or 2 people. We keep the recipe cards and will make that recipe ourselves.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Peter Drouin

Thanks, for the Info guys. I have my a1c down to 6.2 with diet. I have 5 meals I do now. Nothing like Ann did. But, I'm getting better at it.
And I'm happy now I have the next 3+ months off.
HOT ROD time 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

It was 36° with some sun here today and the ROD and I went for a ride.
Monday is the same, I see another ride coming. ;D
Tue-  Going to put the sawmill to bed for the winter. 8) 8)
Had enough sawdust this year. :new_year:
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Stephen1

that's great Pete! Happy New Years!
My mill has a bit more work and then it gets put away for maintenance. it will be time to change a lot of the brushs in the motor and I will change all the cam bearings.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Peter Drouin

Well things are better now. My BP is under control. A1c is 6.2.
Im on meds. Not milling logs for 3 months is nice, don't have to fight the winter. I will do this from now on. Work on the HOT ROD is coming along too. Time to do the tax thing. ffcheesy 
I do want to thank all of you for your input. I still hate cooking. ffwave  
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Good on your A1c!!! 
Eat three good meals a day and all should be fine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

congratulations on YOUR success!  great BP, A1C, eating better, and happy.  God help us all on the taxes! ffcool
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Ha, I completed mine two weeks ago, so now all that I need to do is make some more $
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on March 10, 2024, 09:05:05 AMHa, I completed mine two weeks ago, so now all that I need to do is make some more $
Are you saying that you will not have to wait for your refund?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

I did not say that but I will say that it will be a "cold day.. ...." when I have to wait on the IRS for anything.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Be doing my taxes tomorrow for my spring bonus.  ffcheesy
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ed_K

@ Stephen1, can you tell me what companies you got the meals from, Rita and I have talked about trying it?

Peter, glad your doing better, run that Hot Rod down here some time.

My grandson came up to help with sugaring and did my taxes. He did a great job I only had to pay $15. this yr  ffcheesy smiley_thumbsdown.
Ed K

Stephen1

Ed_K we used Miss Fresh, then it changed to Cook it. These are Canadian companies. The insulated boxes came with everything to cook the meal, packed in freezer bags, There are probably a few down there in the great US of A for sure. 

Peter Drouin

Ed-K I'm getting $$ back from the IRS  ffcool
I'm going to let them keep it to cover the first two-quarter payments of this year.

My BP is up and down. yesterday morning was 165--over 130. 
I can tell when it's up, my balance is off. Going to see the doctor and see what she says.

I had a guy tell me rosuvastatin may give me dementia from a side effect. Anyone here this? 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

doc henderson

I do not do primary care so not familiar with this drug, but I am with the family.  Remember all the most potent drugs, all have side effects.  If during studies, anyone had a new symptom, it has to be listed.  guess who they give these drugs to.  Us old people.  I would talk with your doctor and see what she says.  Our Hippocratic oath states, "first do no harm".  In practicality then we would not prescribe any drugs.  So, we try to weigh the risk vs benefits.  If it is shown to be a serious side effect (higher than the natural incidence) then there will be a black box warning, and docs will move away from it.  If you watch the TV adds, they are required as full disclosure to list at least the worst and common side effects.  Many drugs will have a long list and end with "including death".  WOW.  It is hard to wade through all the BS.  Talk with your doc.  Regards, Doc.

thecfarm

Quote from: Peter Drouin on April 07, 2024, 07:51:45 AMI had a guy tell me rosuvastatin may give me dementia from a side effect.  
I hope not. That's what I take.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

I have had problems with rovasustain,  but I had problems  with all the generic cholesterol drugs they tried.  Then years ago they trialed me on  Crestor when it first  came out and I did well on it for many years. A couple years  ago the rovasustain generic was released after the patent  on crestor expired. My insurance  company refused to pay for crestor at that point and sent me the rovasustain generic as a substitute.  Well after  about  6 weeks taking it I could hardly walk and had constant muscle pain with cramps. I quit taking it and everything cleared  up but my cholesterol skyrocketed.  My cardiologist kept putting in a Crestor prescription with no generic  substitution and the insurance kept denying it. Finally my cardiologist said there is another drug that is a bi monthly injection they had to approve.  Well he sent a request  for that and the insurance  company saw it was 3x as expensive as the Crestor they knew worked so in the end they approved the Crestor. They were both supposed to be the same but turned out my cardiologist had several of us with the same side effects from the generic.  They say satins are bad, but doctors monitor patients and be sure to make a list of any changes you feel to share with them. If you can't control you cholesterol with diet then they are the safest choice for many at this point. Having a good doctor that listens and makes adjustments if needed is the best chance you have to add years to your life. Some may get dementia from a drug, but most will not. If you feel changes let your doctors know and they can make adjustments. Don't ever think you are in it alone because you not. Actually voice this concern to your doctor for their opinion. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Peter Drouin

The doctor has me on 20mg one in the morning and 10mg at night. I take 2.5mg of amlodipine in the morning. I think that the cholesterol stuff.
With me opening the mill yard this week after all the snow, A week late. ffcheesy  I have customers calling I need lumber!!!!
Ok, come on Thursday. See I'm open only on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The rest of the time I can cut without someone stopping me. ffcheesy
Things are going to get crazy quickly now.
BP was 172/ 96 this morning.
I have to get on top of this, I don't want another stroke and end up in a wheelchair like my Mom did.
The #2 one killed her. smiley_thumbsdown
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!