iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winchester 22 mag lever action

Started by LeeB, February 22, 2011, 07:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

there is one going to be sold in an estate sale in a couple of days and I though about making a bid. What is the  rough value of such a gun?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

LeeB

Thanks Buck. There will also be a a Reminton 1100 12 ga and a couple of 30-30's that I might bid on.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Norm

The only thing I can add is in my experience guns at auction always seem to go for much more than they're worth. Well at least when I'm bidding.  :D

Try gunbrokers.com to see what they are going for.

CX3

Thats a hard question to answer.  Too many variables to determine worth without seeing it.  I would definetely bid 300 on the rifle and the 1100 should bring around 500 it its nice and older model.  They are getting hard to find in good shape
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

clww

Lots of variables in there: condition, scarcity, model #, age, history of the firearm, how badly you, or someone else, wants it, etc. Plus, it's an auction, so it could go for a very low price or a highly inflated sale price.
Like Norm wrote, go to gunbroker and check out relevant prices on similar firearms.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

ely

in my experience you will not buy a gun at auction for less than exorbant prices. the reason for this is the number of people in this country who can not buy a firearm legally. they go to these auctions because they can buy a firearm (some times with drug money) for twice the real price and walk out with no paperwork tying them to the sale. i have much better luck at the larger gun shows when looking for a particular item.

but in answer to your question, the 300 dollar mark would be a fair price for the 22mag.

LeeB

AS predicted by some of you, the guns were wildly overpriced. The 22mag was at $525 when I walked away. For just a little more I can buy a new Ruger.

CX3

Sorry Lee.  Thats exactly why I dont go to gun auctions or gun shows anymore.  Your better off to just go to Bass Pro and get a new one, cuz thats what its going to cost at the auction
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

clww

Pawn shops, estate sales and the classified ads are where I've gotten at least 20 current firearms in my collection.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Buck

Sorry bout that Lee, I knew it would be something to be proud of if you could scoop it in the 3 to 350 range
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Larry

If ya ever get the chance take a trip to Blairstown Mo.  Probably the best gunshop within a 500 mile radius.

Don't plan on doing much else in Blairstown as the gunshop is the town.  Kathy hasn't let me go there in a very long time. :(

I went to an auction over here that had a lot of machinery and guns.  I didn't even preview the guns knowing they would go high...and they did.  Kathy came along and hit me in the ribs to wake me from a little cat nap, just in time to be the the high bidder on 1,000 Sierra 22 bullets...cost me 2 bucks. :D :D  I sure couldn't figure that one out.  Maybe no reloaders showed up. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Trax

I know this is an old thread but a Winchester 94/22 Mag or LR in any kind of decent shape would be a steal @ $300 They are getting real hard to find since they stopped making them If you wer just looking for a shooter check out the Henry lever guns. Nice guns for the money and there made in the USA and the Co. is owned by Americans

Radar67

I have to agree with Trax on the Henry. They have a plain Jane version for under $300. i have the Golden Boy in 22LR and it is a dream to shoot. Being an American Company was a very big plus for me when I was looking.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Warren

Firearms auctions are like any other auctions. Ya gotta know what it is worth before you get there.  I attended an estate auction about 10 years ago.  Had a nice Winchester 101,  20 ga,  two barrel set with the original box.  The bidding  started where I figured it should have ended.  It sold for almost 3x what I thought it was worth.  I got home and found out that the final bid was about half price....

Turns out the box by itself was worth more than what I have paid for several .22 rifles...
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Thank You Sponsors!