iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvester pulley ???

Started by Dewey, October 28, 2014, 01:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewey

I have a Timber Harvester Mod 30 HT I bought it new in 1994... It has served me well for many BF and has provided my living for the past 18 years....
I need to replace the pulley that is on the hydraulic motor that pulls the saw head back and forth .... Anyone have any ideas where to look ??? OR what is the actual name of it so I can try to look on line ??

golddredger

Contact these people. The guy that runs this company was a tech for Timber harvester for years till they closed. He says he can help find or get you the info to get you parts for your Timber harvester.
www.sawmills-band.com

Good luck. Hope you can track it down.
Home built bandsaw mill and trailer for a mini logging operation. Lots of chainsaws and love the woods.

delvis

As mentioned Clouser Farm is a good source and Cooks Saw may be able to help you as well.  I've talked to Ken Clouser and he seems like a great guy.
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

Dewey

Thanks !!!!  I will call them tomorrow   ;D

bandmiller2

Dewey,  TH was not a large company and most all the parts were off the shelf as they say. If you take the pulley off and go to a industrial supply co. they should have your part, and eliminate another layer of markup. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Josef

Dewey, did you find the part you're looking for? I looked at my mill and that pulley is acting as a capstan drum, but actually looks like a pulley out of a snatch block. It appears to be 4" in outside dia, 1 1/8" wide with a 3/4" round bottomed groove. I didn't remove it to see the shaft dia, but if it is a modified snatch block pulley then the existing smooth center hole can be re-machined for the correct shaft dia and keyway if another replacement can't be located.
In my house I'm the boss, I know this because my wife said so, I only hope she doesn't change her mind!

New to me Timber Harvester that I'm learning to operate, been building a home built mill for a while, should be ready to make sawdust with it someday if I ever quit "modifying" the design.

bandmiller2

Dewey, is there a wire cable running on the pulley.?? My bandmill is set up that way to feed I use a "Vee" pulley and flatten the bottom of the pulley for one wrap of the cable. Some pulleys have enough flat on the bottom for the cable, especially the ones for larger series belts. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!