iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moose rescued from ice

Started by SwampDonkey, January 03, 2006, 05:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

A confused moose wandered onto river ice near downtown Fredericton Tuesday morning, only to be rescued by rangers with a big sled and a tranquilizer gun.

http://www.cbc.ca/nb/story/nb_mooserescue20060103.html
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

UNCLEBUCK

That was interesting to read your newspaper clip ! On the weather channel last week they highlighted a crazy moose that made it as far south as Sioux Falls ,South Dakota tearing up farm fences .  Come to think of it I think I seen your moose on the weather channel highlight too.  All is well that ends well right 
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Stephen

1994 WoodMizer LT40G18. 69 acres mixed wood. 1952 ford tractor, Norse 290 winch, studed Norse ice chains. 45-66DT Fiat.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, I was wondering why it couldn't stand. Moose walk on ice all the time, but they can take a bad fall like a cow and break something. I was also wondering when I saw some video of them pulling the moose along. Her kneck got snapped backward and looked like they almost broke her kneck.  ::) Oh well, it's not as if they are scarce. Heck, if they want 3 or four come up here and take mine. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

It is still a saddening issue to see one of mother natures animals having to be put down because of human inhabitation and urbanization.  But it is still better off the moose being put down rather than it scaring someone.  It would have either just died or be killed by coyotes anyways.
Brad
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Luckyfarmer

A few years ago we had a moose come thru Missouri.  They tracked it down to the Ozarks where it vanished.  They thought it ended up in deepfreeze :D

beenthere

Luckyfarmer
It's probably still down there, winning the 'Ugly Mule' contest hands down.  :) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bugboy

Well, I hope those boys with the fire dept and fish and wildlife get a little moose steak for their troubles.  I am wondering if the moose had brain worm or something, that is, to be wandering in downtown F'ton??

SwampDonkey:  I'll take those moose if ya still got 'em.  how's about next November?

SwampDonkey

I imagine they'll still be here, but it's a little out of season.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!