iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer blade lube system

Started by GAB, May 05, 2024, 03:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAB

Would appreciate some help with finding the gremlins or whatever.
I have a 2005 WM LT40HDD34 with a factory installed blade lube system.
The problem I have is that when using the blade lube system with the switch in the pulse position  sometimes it works the way it is designed too and sometimes it is continuous. 
For example: Sometimes you saw a board with pulse working ok, get to the end come back and now it is continuous with the switch still in the pulse position.
To date I have changed the timer and tightened all screws thinking it might be a loose ground connection with no improvement.
TIA
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

That is a head scratcher.   smiley_headscratch

OK, thinking while I am typing.  That system works with battery to the pump motor and the timer pulses the ground, so you have an intermittent ground (rubbed off insulation/bare wire) between the pump and the control box touching the frame.  I would start looking at the engine pivot point where the wires go into the black flexible conduit.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Percy

I think Magic is on to it. I have the same system(lubemizer) and other than that electronic curcuit board, Its pretty simple. To get your results has to be something intermitant like a worn and sometimes touching wire to other wires or ground. Hope its an easy fix. Troubleshooting things like this can be similar to wiping your butt with a spinning wheel. 
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

GAB

@Magicman, @Percy 
Thanks for the replies.  For some reason I kept thinking the problem had to be in the blade lube system control box.  I hope to take the mill out of it's winter hibernation location some time this week, however the weather forcast is for rain for most of the week.  Then I will be doing some exploring to try and find the problem area.
Again, thanks for the suggestions.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Percy

Quote from: GAB on May 06, 2024, 09:05:47 AM@Magicman, @Percy
Thanks for the replies.  For some reason I kept thinking the problem had to be in the blade lube system control box.  I hope to take the mill out of it's winter hibernation location some time this week, however the weather forcast is for rain for most of the week.  Then I will be doing some exploring to try and find the problem area.
Again, thanks for the suggestions.
GAB
The problem could very well be in the control box wit the curcuit board but  I think magic has the right idea. That motor pivots about 300 times a day and them wires get like an .055 blade after bending so many times. You look after your stuff(mill etc) carefully and dilligently so that flexing thing( what magic said) would be the first place id look if I was the one having the problem....Good luck on the hunt and please dont hesitate to tell me how wrong I am when you finally find it........And thanks again for the syrup...thats really good stuff ffsmiley ffcheesy
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Magicman

Gerald, the black wire from the pump is getting to the frame somewhere; whether as I described above, or as it passes thru the main control box, or inside the LubeMizer box.  It's looking for ground for the pump motor to run.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

Without ever looking at a lubemizer's wiring, maybe you could just replace the ground wire rather than spending an inordinate amount of time trying to find out where it is making contact.  
Caveman

Magicman

You could, but on my sawmill, it is inside of the large black flexible conduit that goes from the sawmill head to the control box.  

In addition to the Setworks cable, I do have a couple of wires zip tied to my conduit.

SawyerTed

Quote from: caveman on May 08, 2024, 05:15:14 PMWithout ever looking at a lubemizer's wiring, maybe you could just replace the ground wire rather than spending an inordinate amount of time trying to find out where it is making contact. 
Or temporarily disconnect both ends of the wire and run a temporary wire for diagnostic purposes. If it turns out to be that wire, make it permanent. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

With a good flashlight, I don't expect Gerald to have any problem making a visual and spotting his problem.

Thank You Sponsors!