iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2017 Pigroast RSVP 14th annual

Started by Jeff, June 06, 2017, 08:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Yesterday we ordered the pig and the port-a-potties (MEN'S and LADY'S!) so that means it is time to start getting a count for the pigroast. :)

I'd like to take a moment and encourage, that this year, if you have been meaning to come, but keep telling yourself " I'll make it next year", Make it this year! No one knows what the future holds, and as I get deeper in this life, I'm beginning to get a fuller understanding of that. We should grasp each moment like it is the last and celebrate it!  Now, on to the details!

Remember this is a family event. We have a pool for the kids and when we know there is going to be a group, we plan activities to include them. So, if ya got em, BRING EM!  :D

You are not required to rsvp to attend, but we sure would appreciate it if you think there is a good chance you are coming to add your number of attendees to our count. This gives us a good idea on what to expect and also gives incentive to others to come. You can always retract if you need to, but you won't  ;) :).

Area Motels

Area Camping

I strongly recommend getting opinions on hotels or motels in the area from us or other members that have come to the pigroast. There are a handful that turn up on those google maps that we will strongly advise against. There are plenty of very good places to stay.

ITINERARY:
Friday, August 4th, Set up day, visiting, pig prep, boiled dinner for supper! Bon fire. Swimming, more visiting
Saturday, August 5th, Pancakes and Sausage breakfast at 8 a.m., Pig around noonish, followed by door prizes and visiting.

Please continue the count in your post. :)
Jeff, Wildflower, Stacy, Jeremy, Seester Leeenda, Tammy's mom and Gene make

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

GAB

W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Jeff

Well this is certainly a disheartening start compared to every other time we started a RSVP topic.

trapper

Joyce and I make 11.  Wildflower already knew we were coming but this makes it official .
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

yukon cornelius

Add 4 more for us! Myself, Jenny, bark beetle and Henry.

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

derhntr

Add 2 more to your count Brian and Bonnie Johansen I think that makes the count to 19
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Jeff

Brian C.

Add 3 more, Jim, Diane and I. The count reaches 22.

jmouton

wow brian can count,,,,  it s an inside joke ,,,too funny
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

fishpharmer

There is a good chance I could make it. Just me.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

doctorb

How many days ahead of time do I have to arrive to kick your butt bass fishing?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

yukon cornelius

If anyone has advice on a motel\hotel nearby I would appreciate it.
You could message me or post it if you prefer. Thank you in advance.

We are excited to be coming this year!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

petefrom bearswamp

Linda and I will be there lord willin
We do not recommend the Deer trail
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WDH

I have stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms, and the Deer Trail was the worst place that I have ever stayed in. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Wildflower

Come on people we are at 29. I know there are more coming. It is a fun time. I am looking forward to talking to everyone. Oh I get to add 5 more for our neighbors. So the count is now 34.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

fishpharmer

Quote from: doctorb on June 08, 2017, 10:28:40 PM
How many days ahead of time do I have to arrive to kick your butt bass fishing?

Bring it! Lol 

I know little about smallies :)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

jtmccallum

John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

WDH

I best come to make it 11 years in a row.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

coxy

I would like to come but I'm not allowed out of NY  :)

scully

My travels for fun things are based on how well I do with the mill and the welder . as of this post not so good . This is on my priority list and I will do anything I can to make it .
I bleed orange  .

trapper

Doc does this mean you will be there?  Hope so
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

woodworker9

I would truly love to come to finally meet some of you fine folks.  Unfortunately, this is the same weekend as another woodworking event I'm already attending in Idaho.

Shoot!
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Kingcha

Well I plan on coming at this point      which would bring the count to 40

Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!