iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

strongest weed grass killer

Started by bigred1951, August 13, 2017, 12:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred1951

I'm looking for the strongest weed and grass you can get. Ive used roundup before but seems like I usually have to spray it 2 to 3 times a year to keep the weeds and grass killed out. I want something that I can spray one time and not have to do it again.

Gary_C

Roundup is what's called a contact herbicide. It only affects what it has emerged and contacts when it's applied. That's why you have to reapply with each flush of weeds.

The herbicides with residual action are pretty much restricted for use only by registered applicators because of the potential for environmental damage both on the surface and groundwater.

So the easiest, safest, and cheapest way is to just keep reapplying Roundup as needed.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

luvmexfood

Roundup has a spray called 360 that is supposed to last a full season. But it expensive so your about as well off just to spray as needed. I am thinking that Ortho also has a full season spray but again it is expensive. Both are available at Lowe's.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Chuck White

FWIW, maybe contact your local HighWay department and find out what they use around signs, guard rails, etc!

Must be some good stuff, weeds stay dead until next Spring!   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Claybraker

Imazapyr (Arsenal) works well as a soil sterilant

curdog

Arsenal will last.  I spilled a little in the bed of my truck last summer.  Then the bed filled with rain water. You can still see where I backed up in the yard over a year later  :D
I will also use oust xp in areas where I have grass but tree roots near by. Oust is effective on grass,  but won't harm nearby hardwoods.

scsmith42

I can buy Pramitol at my local ag supply store.  It's usually good for a year or more if you apply it to the soil after killing everything with Roundup first.

We also buy generic roundup at the Ag Supply store for a lot less $ than Roundup.

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Papa1stuff

Quote from: bigred1951 on August 13, 2017, 12:56:57 PM
I'm looking for the strongest weed and grass you can get. Ive used roundup before but seems like I usually have to spray it 2 to 3 times a year to keep the weeds and grass killed out. I want something that I can spray one time and not have to do it again.

QuickPro works great ,it kills right down into the roots, I have used it on poison ivy and after a couple applications it is dead!!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

thecfarm

I use something I get from tractor supply,might be a Pronto brand? That does works for me. Will keep the ground almost barren for a year. Much,much cheaper than round up too. I try to catch it on sale. I buy it in 2 or 2½ concentrate container. Will kill a $50 bill easy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

I've used Pramitol with good results :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

coxy

red

It's not the strongest but boiling hot water will kill some grasses . Your mileage may vary.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Larry

Quote from: Claybraker on August 13, 2017, 02:23:02 PM
Imazapyr (Arsenal) works well as a soil sterilant

I've been buying imazapyr at TSC.  It comes with glyphosate (generic Roundup) mixed in.  Its comparatively cheap, gives pretty good season long control, and fairly easy to find.  If we get a lot of rain all bets are off.

Other chemicals are better but require a license, are expensive, and will move through the soil if you don't know what your doing.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

chet

Look into Mojave 70E  ( Imazapyr - 7.78%  Diuron - 62.22%)   

With one application, Mojave 70 EG herbicide will give you bareground vegetation control of 150 species of weeds, perennial and annual grasses. Application can be done before or after emergence to eliminate weeds for one season. I am pretty sure it is not restricted use in your state.

https://www.rosepestsolutions.com/docs/msds/Mojave-70-EG-2011.pdf
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

JB Griffin

2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Thank You Sponsors!