iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wanted: Opinion on Fence Charger

Started by Banjo picker, April 01, 2018, 06:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

I have a Parmak SE3 it does pretty good, but I need another one.  The SE3 is back at the factory for the third time getting repaired; likely from a lighting strike.  It takes a couple of weeks to make the turn around, and I want to have two good chargers on hand to keep my horses in.  I have one ole mare that will just walk through it if the power is off.  I trust you folks on here more than any product review, so lets here what you like about yours or don't like.  If you have had to send one back for repair that would come into play as well as how many joules is has.  Mine is ole but they have always repaired it for 50 or 60 bucks and it comes back as good as new.  I am going to see about getting a lighting arrester as well.  The type of fence I have is the 1 1/2 inch tape by horseguard.  Its a good fence tape.  Thanks for any input.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

gspren

If you lived closer I'd give you a couple old Parmaks. Back when I raised goats I knew of a feed store where you could drop off a charger and pick it up the next week repaired cheaper than the factory. I also learnt that most people don't use near enough ground rods.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

chevytaHOE5674

I have a Kenkove brand with a remote that let's me turn then fence on and off from anywhere along the fence, had great luck with it and the remote is awesome. Have 10+ miles of fence juiced and have no trouble keeping animals contained, even keeps the bull separated from the cows. 

Have a zebra that I keep for a backup as well.

PAmizerman

We've had good luck with the parmak mark 8. I like that it has a digital read out that shows what it is putting out.

We have two of them. One for the horses and one for the Hereford beef cattle.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Southside

* 2 on the Kencove fence supplies, I run a Stafix for all the perimeter fencing and a solar Zareba for the mobile cross fencing.  What ever you do  - don't bump into that Stafix line, I tried to scoot under a wire one time and it hit me in the back - laid me flat down like a tazer.  I have used that tape in the past and found it did not conduct the current nearly as well as the poly rope.  

If you have never done it you can also run a second wire which is directly connected to the ground rods and the ground side of the charger.  Set it up so when they hit the hot wire they also make contact with the ground wire, perfect circuit, very hot shock no matter how dry or frozen the soil is.  Fixes the stubborn ones pretty quickly.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!