iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can't be a good sign

Started by Tom King, April 29, 2022, 02:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom King

When the county Property Tax Revaluation vehicle is a Porsche SUV.   No joke.  It just came back in here while I was cutting grass.

btulloh

You're certainly right about that. Clearly they need their budget reduced.  I don't like to see those people even if they're driving a '73 AMC Gremlin.
HM126

Resonator

Maybe it was a property seizure kind of acquisition. ???
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Magicman

Many of our county/sheriff vehicles are "seized drug" vehicles, and yes they may be a Porsche SUV, etc. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Porsche cop cars!!
DanG, I was lucky my heat worked. Lol
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tom King

I don't think the Cops get the good ones.  Only the Tax man.

Resonator

I know the highway patrol uses sports cars to catch speeders in different states, when I was a kid Wisconsin had Iroc Z's, and quite a few states had (and still use) Mustangs. move_it

Don P

They wanted a roomate's Porshe. The Pinto and Elcadusto were safe, below radar baby, well ok, they couldn't tickle a radar on a good day :D.

Our assessors are contract rather than government, ours is a Subaru guy.

Southside

When Chevy did away with the Caprice they had a lease program where agencies got a Vette for $1 / year. Horrible, horrible, pursuit vehicle. Could not get in and out of the stupid thing and forget about gear. I had one for a week and told my LT to just give me a Ford...
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

Southside, what kind of PT standards did the department have those years?😁
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

Minimum 80th percentile, twice annually. Put a full size .45 on one side and a portable on the other and those "wrap around" seats were designed for someone who weighs 110 lbs. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ianab

Quote from: Southside on April 30, 2022, 12:17:37 AM
Minimum 80th percentile, twice annually. Put a full size .45 on one side and a portable on the other and those "wrap around" seats were designed for someone who weighs 110 lbs.
NZ Police had to change their "standard" car when GM pulled out of Aus / NZ. The old Holden Commodore was a workhorse (GM G8?). Anyway, no more are being made. 
They have settled on Skoda Superb wagons, which are actually a pretty nice ride. During Holden's final years they were selling rebadged Opels, which the cops didn't like. Back seats  / doors were too small. 
Interesting that they have specced cloth seats, because the regular leather doesn't hold up to the wear from the gear belt. And that's without a sidearm here. But the cuffs, pepper spray, radio. torch etc are still hard on the seats. I guess it's cheaper to get them recovered with cloth when they get beat up. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Raider Bill

We had a couple reliant k cars for a very short time. Embarrassing to be seen in one.
no speed and a rattle trap.

Resonator

QuoteWe had a couple reliant k cars for a very short time. Embarrassing to be seen in one.
One step up from a police 3-wheel meter maid truckster. :D

kantuckid

My take was the tax "person" was driving a POV. My counties tax man often drives an antique Ford as his family restores them as a business.
Only Euro cars seen here bouts are on court days when the lawyers roll in. :D
My nearby city newspaper today had a lead article about their former mayor ( from a family that owns a major local construction company)whose home hasn't been increased in value for several years, while those around him all went up several hundred thousands of USD, go figure huh?  ::)
Our assessor's get elected which helps when ya beg for mercy. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

JJ

In NH, the state troopers drive dodge chargers, pretty sure they have the 5.7L Hemi..

JJ

Raider Bill

Quote from: Resonator on April 30, 2022, 10:20:37 AM
QuoteWe had a couple reliant k cars for a very short time. Embarrassing to be seen in one.
One step up from a police 3-wheel meter maid truckster. :D
We also had a couple Cushmans, and that comment was made in roll call. Guy that made it almost got assigned one.

Texas Ranger

What a couple of others have said, drug cars repurposed, probably.  We had a local detective that showed up for breakfast driving a little box of a car a couple of days until the "beep,  beep" from the rest of us got too much.  Then the car sat in the PD parking till they managed to donate it some where else. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!