iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone in the Arrowhead of Minnesota?

Started by firefighter ontheside, November 07, 2023, 11:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

Specifically along Hwy 53 between Duluth and International Falls.  I'm looking for a place to leave our boat for a week in June of next year.  My dad will be going to Canada first week of June.  I will be using the boat in the third week.  We'd like to find somewhere to leave it instead of hauling all the way back and forth from St Louis.  I inquired with Canada customs if the boat could be left at the lodge.  Their answer basically said no, but mostly just quoted regulations and made it sound like we would have to pay duty as if we were buying or selling in Canada.  The lodge was totally good with it, but unfortunately that won't work.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

barbender

I'm not on 53, about 70 miles west of it depending where you come from, but you'd be more than welcome to leave it at my place.
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

I am not on 53 either, further than Barbender but to the east if that helps, you are welcome to leave it here too.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

Southside, you are about as helpful as the pet bison I was watching on a YouTube video recently😂

Andries

We are a few miles West of Lake of the Woods. Your family fishes in the Vermillion Bay Area, right? About an hour drive from our place.
Like the lodge owners, we'd be fine if you left the boat at our camp as well. Like Southside, we're just falling all over ourselves to be helpful.
Too bad the border gendarmes never trust anyone!  😉
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

fluidpowerpro

Your welcome to park it at my place but I'm not exactly in the arrowhead. I'm near Holyoke, about 30 miles south of Duluth.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

firefighter ontheside

Barbender, I will talk to my dad and see if that's too far out of his way.  Thanks for the offer.  He likes to drive thru illinois and wisconsin.  I drive north thru missouri and into MN, so your place wouldn't be too far out of my way.  

Southside, VA is a little too far east.  Thanks though.

Fluidpower, that might work too.  I will look up where Holyoke is.  Thanks.  What's that hwy 23 like?

Andries, we fish Eagle Lake south of Vermilion Bay.  I don't think leaving the boat in Canada is an option.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Resonator

I don't live In Minnesota (I'm not in the arrowhead, I'm in the cheesehead) ;D 
but I have traveled that way along the north shore of Superior many, many times on the way to Thunder Bay.
If you go through Wisconsin on your trip drop me a line.  smiley_thumbsup
Independent Gig Musician and Sawmill Man
Live music act of Sawing Project '23 & '24, and Pig Roast '19, '21, & '24
Featured in the soundtrack of the "Out of the Woods" YouTube video:
"Epic 30ft Long Monster Cypress and Oak Log! Freehand Sawing"

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Gearbox

Im in Grand Rapids so its aa little closer than Barbender your welcome to leave it at my place .Might even fit it into my schedule to do a little fishing . 
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

fluidpowerpro

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on November 08, 2023, 12:41:24 PM
Fluidpower, that might work too.  I will look up where Holyoke is.  Thanks.  What's that hwy 23 like?

I assume you'd be heading north on 35 and would exit on 23 at Banning junction just north of Sandstone. 23 between there and Duluth is pretty good. It just 2 lanes but little traffic.
Change is hard....

firefighter ontheside

I thought I'd let you all know that due to dad's health, he will not be taking his boat on his own trip, so I will not need anywhere to park the boat.  If he gets well enough, he will be going on the trip I have planned.  Unfortunately, even that doesn't look likely, but we will keep working toward the possibility.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

barbender

Darn it. Well here's to hoping things turn around for him!

fluidpowerpro

Hopefully he is feeling better soon.
Change is hard....

Thank You Sponsors!