iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Work Bench

Started by SwampDonkey, November 13, 2023, 03:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

So Christmas is around the corner and I decided a needed a mobile bench in the basement, later to be moved to the shop when I get it up this summer. I have some bench top projects I want to work at this winter. Not entirely wood working, some of it is machining work like threading steel rod, grinding, drilling and cutting wooden parts and so on. This thing from Uline is built like a tank with hard maple top. It supports 3000 lbs, so she's rugged. 36 x 24" x 34" tall. Will be here Wednesday, so will take a proper photo when I set it up. I'm going to put at least one of my clampable wood working vises on it as well. I doubt I would put a heavy shop vise on it, I'd only mount that on a stationary bench, so it doesn't follow me around when trying to bend a piece of iron. :D

Merry Christmas.  :snowball:
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

21incher

Looks nice. One can never have enough benches.  I have been replacing my benches  with the mobil tool carts from HD. Not as heavy duty but I love drawers. Merry Christmas.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SawyerTed

Looks like a nice work bench.  Uline has some useful stuff.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

GRANITEstateMP

I like a heavy stationary work bench, everything else I want to roll!  That'll come in handy
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Peter Drouin

I do get things from U-line, mostly big catalogs about 50 times a year. :D
 Nice bench.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

I order stuff from Uline 2 or 3 times a year. They have quality stuff. :) Locally, all you can buy is flimsy junk.

It's funny. On oversized stuff they will send a big tractor trailer, where a 3/4 ton panel truck would suffice I would think. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Put the new bench to work drilling out these wooden cord pulls for a little project. The little drill press is OK, at least it will drill a vertical hole. :D

I put a piece of cardboard on the wooden top so the metal tools don't scratch it up the first time in use. :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!