iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eminent Dom.Man proposes taking Supreme court justices Home

Started by Buzz-sawyer, June 28, 2005, 01:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

Most people don't complain too much about eminent domain that is used for public works projects.  I have seen some areas where eminent domain was used to take homes and farms to turn them into state parks, which I didn't think was quite right.

But, now the legislature has come up with eminent domain being used for "blighted" areas.  The only problem is that bureaucrats are the ones who are deciding which areas are blighted.  The loophole still remains.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Tom

It is a bit shady, isn't it Ron?   Kinda like telling a fella that his sister is ugly.

farmerdoug

They have been fighting over a dredging project on Mill Creek in this county to keep the feilds of a couple of farmers from flooding.  They wanted to do a full dredge project that included a major portion that has never been dedged.  The Michigan EPA voted no so now they just want to take out the high spots in an half mile that was not dredged.  They told the owners that if they did not give the right of way they would use em dom.  Some of the owners are willing to let them dredge but without a permanent ROW.  They say that is not acceptable and the county is sueing for the permanent ROW. ::)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Frank_Pender

If some of us tried these things as lay citiizens, we would be jailed for theft.  :'( Hwever, if we are appointed or elected we can get away with such communistic behavior.   >:(
Frank Pender

Skytramp

I trully hope that it goes through, It would be nice to see the tables turned for once.  Several years ago I owned a home on Eleven Point river, the people voted in the positive for a water shed project along 22 miles of the river, It was proposed by the department of agriculture.  It was a great plan, It would have let the river grow back up into its natural state 50 feet on each side of the river, except for designated areas.  The dept of Agriculture then turned it over to the forest service which imeadiatly changed everything into a tourist area.  To make a long story short and save rehashing old memories, they took my home to make a road  to a canoe landing.  Once your land is condemed for eminate domain, anything can happen.  They have a bevy of lawyers that are on salery and they have time on their side.  If you choose to fight them, they will wear you out in court.
     They condemed my property for public use and put $21000.00 in the bank, their estimate of the worth of my property.  It was a 3 bedroom house with a full basement, 320 yards from the river, just above flood stage, it sat on 1.7 acres of river bottom land.  I still owed $17,000 on it, oh and by the way they were generous enough to send me a $2000 check for relocation.  Sorry but I still harbor some hostility.  When I see some federal dude get bit by the same bug, I can't help but chuckle.
SkyTramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Buzz-sawyer

One of the suburbs of St Louis Sunset hills.....has been devistated by hairbrained land grabs...which have caused untold personal hardships for life long residents........well election time came around and guess what????
The people cleaned house!!!ALL the aldermen and the mayor are gone....they voted in a strong anti..eminent domain government finally some good news!!
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

iain

Thank You Sponsors!