iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We just made a ~1200 mile round trip to Allen, OK.  Gasoline ranged from $3.65 to $3.89, mostly in the $3.80's. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Gas CDN $1.92/litre and diesel $2.68/litre. Gas price at NY harbour $US 3.71/gallon. As high as it's ever been.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

CDN$2.00/litre ($6/US gallon) gas this week, diesel dropped to CDN$2.59/litre. Highest yet for gas. Trading was up today, $3.95 at NY harbour price.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Log-it-up

Diesel ⛽ dropped 10 cents a gallon here today ($6.39)I can afford to walk too the mail box now 

21incher

I just saw a news blurb that some of the big fuel stops on the east coast are having a hard time finding diesel right now to keep their tanks from running  dry.  Seems the supply  is dropping  off due to our exporting oil to Europe that recently ramped up. $10.00 a gallon diesel could  become  reality this summer if the supply isn't  stabilized. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Chuck White

Regular gas (87oct) is $4.699/gal, and 91oct is $5.399/gal.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

snowstorm

here you have to pay sales tax on off road fuel but not heating oil if you live in the building. a garage you pay the tax.

Ljohnsaw

Regular $5.49 cash + 10 cents for cards.  Diesel $6.49 :-\  Pretty sure I filled both the SkyTrak and my new Ford tractor tanks last fall before I packed it in.  That saved me about $100.  Now just hope it lasts until the prices drop :D :D :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

KirkD

Has anyone seen the motor oil prices? They have at least doubled here in the last year. And the shelves are as bare as the baby formula.  $25+ for a gallon of Delo 400
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

rusticretreater

Just had another ten cents price jump in Virginia.  It was under $4 for a week or so, then $4.10, $4.17 and $4.29 in a matter of days.  Diesel running $5.55 now.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

TroyC

Quote from: KirkD on May 14, 2022, 12:16:22 PMHas anyone seen the motor oil prices?

Yeah, Rotella is pricing itself out of the market. I think T6 diesel oil is about 45 a gallon now IF you can find it.

TroyC

I hope hurricane season this year is mild. A good hit in the Gulf will really add to the pain at the pump.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: ljohnsaw on May 14, 2022, 09:42:42 AM
Regular $5.49 cash + 10 cents for cards.  Diesel $6.49 :-\  Pretty sure I filled both the SkyTrak and my new Ford tractor tanks last fall before I packed it in.  That saved me about $100.  Now just hope it lasts until the prices drop :D :D :D
This morning was $5.49, this afternoon, $5.59 >:(
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ianab

By my quick maths gas is getting close to US$8 a gallon here. 

To be fair it probably hasn't gone up by the same % as the US because a big part of the cost is taxes (which have , and those have been temporarily reduced to reduce the shock on the voters wallets. But it still hurts when you need to fill up  :-\ 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

I'm going to have to get a better job so I can afford to live!!!
Off road diesel was $6.08!!!  :o 
I got just a little over 16½ gallons for $100!!!! I've never spent that much at one time.
 I can see why people let the fields go up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Ianab on May 14, 2022, 10:19:31 PM
By my quick maths gas is getting close to US$8 a gallon here.

To be fair it probably hasn't gone up by the same % as the US because a big part of the cost is taxes (which have , and those have been temporarily reduced to reduce the shock on the voters wallets. But it still hurts when you need to fill up  :-\
Trudeau never dropped the carbon tax. Any other country paying such a tax? Nope! It went up this April.

TroyC

4.34 Costco regular unleaded, Orlando, just now.

kantuckid

We paid $4.11 for BP regular Friday. Most were $4.19. 
I used some $2.45 diesel mixed with used crankcase oil on a hay wagon top. I went heavy with the oil and lighter with the diesel ratio since it's gone over $5 for off-road here.

Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

21incher

Just saw on the news that gas pump manufacturers are cranking  out new faces for the pumps with an additional digit. Apparently the prediction is that diesel  will be over $10.00 a gallon in June and gas over $10.00 a gallon sometime before  the end of summer so pumps that go over $9.999 will be required in the near future.  This is crazy.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Spike60

4.89 for Regular, 6.49 for Diesel. Regular was 4.75 3 days ago.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: 21incher on May 18, 2022, 06:08:47 PMso pumps that go over $9.999 will be required in the near future. This is crazy.
I remember when I started driving in 1976.  Second oil embargo or something.  The pumps wouldn't go above a $1 so they set the price at half and then doubled that when it was time to pay.:-\
John Sawicky

Ron Wenrich

Diesel has been at $6.29 for the past 2 weeks.  I'm not seeing how it will go to $10 in that short of a time.  Gas went to $4.69 this week.  Oil future prices have been in a steady climb, but it hasn't taken off.  March 7, it hit a peak of $130/bbl.  Today its at $105.  Lots of volatility in the markets.  Looks like we'll be buying oil from Venezuela.  Part of the problem is that there was a refinery fire back in 2019 in Philadelphia, and it still isn't on line.  The other was that a lot of refineries were down for maintenance.  They should be coming back on line to help the inventory, and the price.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on May 19, 2022, 05:20:38 AM
.  Part of the problem is that there was a refinery fire back in 2019 in Philadelphia, and it still isn't on line.  The other was that a lot of refineries were down for maintenance.  
I don't know Ron.  I think the "problem" is democrats in office. 
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

21incher

They had pictures  of pumps on the west cost with premium at 7.499 and diesel over 8.00 a gallon right now. JP Morgan is predicting regular gas at $6.50 nationwide that would put west coast pumps over $10. I don't  see why they don't just switch  to the liter volume 

Chuck White

Regular gas is $4.899/gal, A/O yesterday afternoon.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!